Apr 27, 2005
New York
Detector(s) used
DRS Ground Exper
3 Foot Probe
Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The former engineer from Nokta who split and started his own company in Germany DRS
has a detector called the Ground Exper. I've owned it and sold it and am repurchasing the new Pro version.
Here's what I know and then I have a question. The detectors strength is the discrimination abilities.
And ability to handle mineralization.

Here's a video demo

My question is, What could possibly a "digital pulse" be. I do not know much about the internal working the electronics of a detector but I was told that it's ability to be a good discriminator is that the machine only reads the + part of the sign wave. What are your thoughts?

OP
OP
L

landman

Apr 27, 2005
New York
Detector(s) used
DRS Ground Exper
3 Foot Probe
Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been testing the unit and will publish findings very soon
. Used Exper I bought sm.JPG

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Trying to understand the videos. Is this machine supposed to tell the difference between aluminum and gold ? Or are the videos merely showing INDIVIDUAL examples of a gold item and an aluminum item reading differently ? Ie.: no different than multitudes of other machines now on the market which will always have a "different reading" when comparing a sample gold ring and a sample aluminum item. But so too does every gold item read "different than each other", and every aluminum item "read different than each other". So is that all these videos are showing ? Or is this machine purporting to be able to tell the difference between all aluminum and all gold ?

As for the showing of colored splotch designs of objects, how is that any different than ..... say .... an XLT spectrum graph where people have for ages studied and mused over the usefulness of the smears, peaks, etc.... I haven't watched all the videos yet, but .... to get a round "splotch" on the screen doesn't seem to be "shape showing" (even though the item being waved is "round" and the splotch is "round", yet..... try it with a crucifix, and I bet you don't get an image of a crucifix (cross).

Please clarify what the claims of this machine is. Thanx.

OP
OP
L

landman

Apr 27, 2005
New York
Detector(s) used
DRS Ground Exper
3 Foot Probe
Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok to get things going, here's my attempt to make a coin detector out of a detector that is a dedicated
"larger object" finding machine. I believe you'll find this amusing if nothing more. You'll see just how interesting the discrimination is designed on this unit. More to come...
https://youtu.be/NKnBhoU6p-k

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
landman, I don't get it. How is this any different from a myriad of TID machines already on the market ? All of which can "reject iron" ? All of which can ID penny/dime/nickel/half, etc....

OP
OP
L

landman

Apr 27, 2005
New York
Detector(s) used
DRS Ground Exper
3 Foot Probe
Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know, maybe nothing. Let's find out. The unique selling proposition on this machine as far as I can tell is it's ability to not be affected by ground mineralization, it's unique discrimination and ability to carry these attributes at depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread