Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't look at your posts on youtube or posted elsewhere. Put you pics here. There is too much chance of picking up a computer virus linking to another site. That's how I got the last virus on my computer.

And actually, I'm a little tired of the "OMG, OMG" "I don't believe this find" thing. Keep relics here, keep theatrics for film.

Just my opinion, but everytime I see a link with nothing else, I don't bother looking.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
well i do not watch them on youtube or TV .. sometimes here but not many.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do watch some of them on youtube. But just not through a link from any other website. You can always put your user name down and refer to the site that way. I'd rather stay on this site. Once you get in youtube land, sometimes you stay....for hours. Except for the weather channel and one news channel, I'm ready to turn the tv off for good.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I won't open attachments either. There have been plenty of warnings about opening attachments in Email, well there's no difference here.
I had guests once and the teenage girl asked if she could check her Email. OK.
For my kindness I hatched 30 some Trogens and my business software crashed. 3 days to regenerate the business data.
Viruses can slip in so easy and I'm not new to computers. They used to enter in the Boot on startup but attachments are much easier.
Viruses take advantage of a human attribute, curiosity.

The original virus, the Worm, slipped into some very sophisticated computers for the day. Replicated like crazy and crashed all involved.
Innocently enough slipped in as maintenance.
Like any good con, you might not know until it's over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread