earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure would like to know who all lied to us about this being fun. ROTFL
No seriously we had a blast. We played in our yard and found that a old outside beer joint must have been here. lol about 15 Tons of aluminum cans, mostly Lone Star. I also think they owned a scrap yard for hurricane fencing too, lol. Tons of that crap too.
I think I need to check into getting a lawyer to sue the people who sold us the filled in land dump. lol
We did come across a lot of foil as well, I think a lot of fijitias was eating here for lunch. lol

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the addiction. Soon you'll have enough aluminum scrap to buy some more detecting equipment!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there will be some good stuff in all that junk one day.

JasoninIowa

Nov 16, 2012
Ankeny Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My old house was built in the 20's. I had to dig a 5 gallon bucket full
Of beer bottle tops and trash before I found my first wheat cent. Keep at it!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehehe gotcha.LOL a good way to determine if it's a aluminum can is raise the coil a coin will stop giving signal, a can keeps giving signal up about 4 to 5 inches above it.But these are all things you will learn as you go and all that digging is good practice.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This hobby should count as community service or volunteer work.
Like a drug addict you'll fever be searching for that next good hit... I mean find.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
This hobby should count as community service or volunteer work.
Like a drug addict you'll fever be searching for that next good hit... I mean find.

Judge: This court finds you guilty and sentences you to 15 hours of community service.

Icewing: Ummmm... Can we make that 30 hours of me cleaning out parks with my detector? :laughing7:

OP
OP
E

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are to funny.
We were in one area, along the fence and we dug up cans so much, we were wanting to stop, but laughing still. As I was digging, my wife was still swinging the ATP and hit another high tone, and immediately AH CRAP came out of my mouth, I thought my wife was going to hit the ground rolling in laughter. I knew in all honestly it probably was a can, just due to the sound. Yes it was loud and clear, but seemed to have a statically sound to it right before and right after the target in the swing. We have to learn that pin pointing, because our little plugs were the size of creators. I mean we could have dug a pond with as much and as big as they were. I told her, lets put the plug upside down so we will know where we have been, grass will grow over it this summer. When we were done we went up on the porch and looked back over to where we were and we dug so much our bark yard looked like a checkered board. lol We had not realized just how much digging we did till we seen that.

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, but while digging, you tended to forget about the other things, got interested in the detector and the hunt and, maybe, just maybe there was that treasure in there, and you found out something about previous owners (they were slobs) and you both had fun and laughs along the way!

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Judge: This court finds you guilty and sentences you to 15 hours of community service.

Icewing: Ummmm... Can we make that 30 hours of me cleaning out parks with my detector? :laughing7:

That's funny right there! :laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No seriously we had a blast. We played in our yard and found that a old outside beer joint must have been here. lol about 15 Tons of aluminum cans, mostly Lone Star. I also think they owned a scrap yard for hurricane fencing too, lol. Tons of that crap too.
I think I need to check into getting a lawyer to sue the people who sold us the filled in land dump. lol
We did come across a lot of foil as well, I think a lot of fijitias was eating here for lunch. lol

That reminds me of where I live, it was an aluminum farm back in the day --- at least that's what the previous owner said.

Kinda disappointed though ... title made me think it was going to be a competitive "LIE OFF" and I wanted to see wove the biggest tale.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum.

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep at it and one day that can signal will be an 1800s half dollar

Attachments

• _20161106_102401.JPG
    _20161106_102401.JPG
    399.5 KB · Views: 62

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HaHa My life story....have fun&HH

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
every time I see your name I think of this song

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Keep at it and one day that can signal will be an 1800s half dollar

Not here it won't be.

But back to the original topic, if you're on heavy garbage, dig it up and look again or go someplace else. I've done both. Both have sometimes worked. Digging trash is part of the hobby. Disappointment is part of the hobby. Finding something really amazing and/or valuable is only occasionally part of the hobby.

There are lows and highs, even over a relatively short time when doing this. When you spend an entire afternoon sweeping a field in lousy weather and your only valuable find after all of that digging is a single dime, it really sucks. When you spend a few hours working through a bed of nails, only to dig up nails, sucks. All of that failure gets you back out there to try it again. And when you get gold multiple times in an hour, in a place where that can't logically happen...well, that gets you back out there to try again.

It's gambling. The odds are with the house. You can try to stack those odds in your favor, but part of it will always be chance. Like gambling, very few people will ever make a living doing this.

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I didn't know you lived next door to me. Same situation here, LOL.

OP
OP
E

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even care about making a living out of it. Just enjoy doing it for fun. All we have found is 5 pennies. 1970 the oldest. But had some fun. Can't wait to get into some creeks when the water warms up. That should be dun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions