CURIOSITY: HOW MANY DETECTORS DO YOU HAVE?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a kid, I was rocking the awesome orange Radio Shack knobby thing... wish I still had it.
Wife got me a Bounty Hunter Quicksilver.... still have it
Garrett Ace 350, sold it after I got the
Garrett AT Pro....
Also have a.....
Wait for it....

A Deteknix Quest Pro....
When I swipe the dust off it, I tend to sneeze.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have six, My first was a Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, I bought used I think around 1990. Did not have a clue as to what I was doing, but was hooked. Next came a Garrett GTA 1000, of which I used to death for many years, after which came the Discovery Treasure Baron Gold Trax, never really could figure that one out, (Different levels of "SLEW"?), Then the Minelab X-Terra 70, Then the Minelab Safari, Then the Garrett AT Pro, all of which hang on the wall in my "Fort". (I really dislike the term "Man Cave") It's my "FORT". I had thought of buying another, I currently most often use two, but the thought, I knew enough about all of them, but am I a master of none? So, I'll stick with what I have. I will point out though, different detectors for different jobs, depending on what and where you're hunting. Much like a hammer, screwdriver and saw. OR, is that a reason we use to buy more than one? Because we just LIKE EM'!, Works for me. P.S., A couple of times my wife had said that I needed to Grow Up, what are you, like 12?. I think she's just "Jealous" of my Fort.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Earl&Patricia,

I have many, as you can see in my profile, I use them all at different times. Detecting is a hobby for me as well as a Artifact Recovery Service working with private parties, cities and towns to find, recover and record historical items. Each machine in my arsenal is paid for by finds, but I never sell. I know each machine in side and out, their pro/cons, settings and which machine will be the best for the job. Is there machine overlap, sure, but that is the fun of the hobby to learn new machine technology and to just enjoy being out detecting.

Regards,

Doc

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have too many, but not as many as I had a long time ago - 9 at one time.

Today I have 5, will be selling one:

CTX 3030
Excal II (two of these, will sell one possibly post this week)
Fisher 1260X (I've had this one since 1984)
Fisher 1265X (bought this one last year just because I wanted it, I'd wanted it when it came out circa '85)

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 4,

Ace 250 , one at pro with stock coil, one at pro with small coil, and an xp deus.
I too don't use the at pro's much since I bought the deus, maybe I should pass one on to a new home

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Back in the late 90's I went on an ebay spree and bought, tried out and sold a bunch of them. I picked up a Sovereign with a WOT, sold it (regret that), picked up a Bandito 2, uMax, sold it (regret that) then had a Tesoro tiger shark, sold it (regret that) then had a Compass machine, forget which one. I don't think I made or lost much money, but it was fun to check them all out. It gave me confidence in buying a used machine, since they all worked well.

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the moment i got too many:

Lobo
Silver sabre
Deepstar
Xterra 705
CTX
DEUS
Vista Gold
Goldbug
F75
Headhunter PI

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 detectors---4 pin pointers ---12 coils

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have three. Started with the Teknetics, then went to the Atpro, now I am using the CTX. I have made great memories with all three and just can't make my self sell one. It's always great to have a backup or a loaner and they cost nothing to keep.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

mooncusser

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury maryland
Detector(s) used
garret a/t pro whites v3i whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
detectors

whites v3i
garrett gta 1000
garrett A/T pro my fave
bounty hunter lode star loaner
whites treasure pro wifes

OP
OP
E

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the Fisher and Mind labs are some of the most popular out there with the AT Pro and The CTX creeping up on them.
Well off to church and then off to hunting we will go....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have three. Started with the Teknetics, then went to the Atpro, now I am using the CTX. I have made great memories with all three and just can't make my self sell one. It's always great to have a backup or a loaner and they cost nothing to keep.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Hey rn, I consider depreciation the cost of allowing a detector to sit and become a dust collector. That's just me, I rather sell them and use the funds to buy more needed gear or just allow it to sit in my hobby account for future need, repairs, or other hobby related expenses.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like the Fisher and Mind labs are some of the most popular out there with the AT Pro and The CTX creeping up on them.
Well off to church and then off to hunting we will go....

Just an FYI, the CTX is a Minelab

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey rn, I consider depreciation the cost of allowing a detector to sit and become a dust collector. That's just me, I rather sell them and use the funds to buy more needed gear or just allow it to sit in my hobby account for future need, repairs, or other hobby related expenses.
Might have to hang on to mine for a while. Maybe my grandson will show some interest.

HH, RN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread