CURIOSITY: HOW MANY DETECTORS DO YOU HAVE?

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have three in my stable. Fisher F75 SE is my primary weapon of choice. I have a Fisher Gold Bug Pro should I ever hit a really iron trashed site; should I ever get a chance to gold nugget hunt I'm there. I also have a Minelab Sovereign GT for handling wet salt sand, which I use if I'm in the salt marsh or at the beach. I had six other machines over time from when I got into this hobby back in 94 but have since sold some and given some away.

tlane38003

Jan 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab explorer se pro use it most almost everyday
Whites duel field
Tesoro tiger shark
Cabalas bounty hunter for a loaner
Vibraprobe 580

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

dirtminer99

Jan 29, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
You name it, I have used it or owned it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have 2 and just ordered a third. Garrett ACE 250 - Makro Racer 2 and XP Deus on the way

OP
OP
E

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this hobby might get kind of expensive, like the other hobbies I had before the injury. Bowling, had three balls for all the different types of lanes, but in all I had about 12 different kinds, drilled different ways. Then there was archery, that not cheep, equipment, tournaments, entry fees, and so on. Then my pool shooting days, Just had to have a couple sticks, pool table, again, entry fees, pool touraments, supplies, other equipment. I would probably still be doing that had I had gotten injuried. But guess some things happen for a reason, guess I was ment to be a metal detector hobbiest. lol. Man I cant wait to get started

7red7

Jan 24, 2017
N.W.Ontario
Detector(s) used
ATPRO Int., GTI2500 , Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 2 - ATPRO international, 1st yr 2016, now have 2nd GTI2500 yet to put to use late Christmas present lol for 2017. The at have 2 coils 5x8 excellent in the brush terrain here and the standard 8x11 very good. Almost like gettin foot disease when buying boats 1st 12ft next 16ft etc. Always been fastenated by ground penetrating radar which we do ...

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lets see I have an at pro/ace 250/Tesoro silver umax/Tesoro compadre/tecnetics delta 4000 and a whites spectrum xlt and more to come.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Teknetics omega 8500
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Safari
I use all of them for what I think are their strengths and I like all of them.
I seem to add a new one every 2 years or so. I think two are essential in case one has to be serviced you're not stuck.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One. At one point at had 3 at the same time, then I realized I only have one swinging arm. Don't miss the others.

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to the hobby. Purchased in December 2016 a Fisher F2 and XP Deus.

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have uno.. still fairly new, but in the spring I plan to have 2. The one I have now is a Garrett Ace 250. It does the job but I feel like I miss a bunch of targets because it doesn't penetrate the ground too well. Also gives me "ghost" readings alot. But the experience is great! I can't complain!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have uno.. still fairly new, but in the spring I plan to have 2. The one I have now is a Garrett Ace 250. It does the job but I feel like I miss a bunch of targets because it doesn't penetrate the ground too well. Also gives me "ghost" readings alot. But the experience is great! I can't complain!

You're doing okay. The Ace 250 does false in different soils and you just can't get past that. It is probably one of the best beginner machines, others would argue. But really it just can't handle the soil variations. I've walked the ocean beaches with my cousin who has the Ace while I've been swinging the Excal II. He has me confirm signals which were loud and clear for him but didn't register at all on the Excal. He proceeded to dig and the signal did just up & disappear.

However! A new Excal II is going to cost you around $1500, and you can get the Ace as low as $200. My cousin found 6 pieces of gold jewelry last year and I found NO GOLD at all.

So, what is the sensibility of this?

Really, it's all in what you want. We all get carried away here and there. I'm there and been there.

rtp_guy

Jan 22, 2014
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Minelab CTX 3030
Fischer Gold Bug 2
Garrett AT Gold
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's MX5
Titan 9000
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DETECTORS
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Gold
Fischer Gold Bug 2
Minelab Excalibur II
Whites MX5
Titan 9000

PINPOINTERS
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
White's TRX Bullseye
Treasure Products Vibra-Tector 740
Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 580

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey earl&patricia, I see that you now show an AT Pro and an ACE 400, guess you now joined the ranks of more than one and hunt in tandem? If so, congrats!

exileshane

Jan 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two.
Kingdetector MD-6350 and MD-3020II

6350 is better. I love its double coils. 3020II is for beginners to use, the depth is low.

Plan to get a new machine now. Spring is coming.:metaldetector:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
These are my metal trash detectors. Whats in your pouch?

Tesoro Golden umax - Light and fun to use.
Whites DFX with 3 coils - I have grown to have a lot of respect for this detector.
CZ21- Takes me deep.

I think about other machines. There so flirty, its hard not to. But in the end I don’t think any of the others can really do more then what I have.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've read everybody's reply to this thread - and most seem to be happy with what they finally came up with - not me!
Well, kinda.
I have a Tesoro Cibola - it is my favorite, and tho it doesn't give you numbers, it tells you there's metal down there - so dig it!
My other, a Fisher Gold Bug Pro-DP - and it does pretty good for coin shooting, in situations where the mineralization doesn't change every few yards!
Both are pretty light weight, but both lack features that I want....so,
I'm looking for another machine, that gives me everything plus, being water proof or weather resistant, as well. (good luck, huh?) =p

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was up to 13, now I'm down to 6.......3 excals, a 3030, a sov gt and a fisher 1235x

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread