CURIOSITY: HOW MANY DETECTORS DO YOU HAVE?

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many?.....Let me see.....

When I look at peoples pro folio on the side next to the comment section, I have notice some people have the name of their metal detector(s) there.
I have also noticed some have more than one, heck some have three or four. So i was kind of wondering, if its not being to personal how many do you have and which ones?

We have one ( as of now ) The AT PRO..... I can see future expanding coming soon. :headbang:

I had 27 at one time!I know,crazy right? Down to about 14 now! I am kind of a collector of certain types of detectors, such as Discovery Electronics, Cointrax, Goldtrax, Deep Search Detectors (2 box) Fisher tube models, etc. Have a Garrett GTA 1000 PM, I just purchased (oops! Back up to 15!) I just enjoy going out into my coin garden and fooling around with them! Got some of my neighbors involved in the sport, gave some away to friends, etc. Sold several, here lately on ebay. Started getting into Minelab, at first with older ones, then upgraded to newer ones, then sold some, bought some, etc. Kind of an addiction for me, I guess? Not sure I will ever be without one! Might be buried with my favorite one in my hands?.....Whites, (all gone) Fisher, (gone) Minelab, (two left) Garrett, (one) Makro, (gone) Co Re, (gone) Compass, (gone) Discovery Electronics, (5-6) Sand Shark,(1) Deus,(2) two box (3,4,5?) Sorex Pro, (gone) Garretts,( had many!)Tesoro (gone) Getting old, (68), but still enjoy my sport, 40 years now! Oh, and I forgot the Gold Cube 4 stack, with trommel and countless sluices, big to tiny and gold pans and classifiers, etc., etc, etc. Need I go on?.....Ha, ha! Is this sport kinda addicting?.....Kinda is! Big Red

Last edited:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He hee. Interesting thread. As you have found out many folks are content with one or two machines while others can't seem to get enough. I guess I fall somewhere in the middle. I know the machines I own will get me the goods I seek but, the question in my mind is are there better machines out there for me? The only way I can answer that is to just buy them. I took my brand new Makro Racer 2 out today for her maiden voyage. It was freezing cold but, a friend joined me and we had a ball. I owned a previous version of my new machine so learning it wasn't difficult. I managed a 1950 wheat penny for my first coin recovery with my new toy.

Currently I own 8 metal detectors. Whites DFX, M6 Matrix, & an old blue analog machine, 2 Minelab Explorer II's, Makro Red Racer 1 & Racer 2, and my water machine Garrett AT Pro. I have several aftermarket coils for every machine I own along with a Garrett Pro pointer & Minelab Pro pointer. I have other pinpointers and various gear. Enough gear to outfit maybe four or five people for a hunt I reckon.

I am a single guy with a cat. Other than my mortgage and utility bills I don't have expensive taste in shiny cars, trucks, motorcycles, clothes, food, etc. I enjoy spending money on the thing I love and brings me pleasure. So if I end up with way more detectors and gear than one person can possibly use at one time is that wrong? I don't think so. Metal detecting is therapy for me. Cheaper and more healthy than pharma drugs or alcohol. It brings me peace of mind and solitude. You can't put a price on that from my perspective.

I've still got my eye on other new detector models out there and may pull the trigger on a few more before the year is over. Thanks for the thread. Peace.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To many.

I have 10 :
For the water : 1xMinelab Excalibur for salt water and 1xTesoro Tigershark for fresh water.
Land :
2xTesoro Lobo Super Traq with 4 coils
2xTesoro Tejon with 4 coils
1x Tesoro Bandido 2 with 1 coil
1x Tessoro Bandido with 1 coil
1x Fisher Goldbug Pro with 3 coils
2xTeknetics Omega 8000 with 4 coils

Last edited:

em84009

Tenderfoot
Feb 28, 2013
Portugal
Detector(s) used
Simplex
Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any one care to sell one to me, please? One of those that you will never use again will be fine - I'm using a toy:
019295__.jpg

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between my Dad and I, 4.

Me: AT PRO, Fisher 1210x

Him: AT PRO, Tesoro Royal Sabre

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two Fisher F70 and at pro. I'm saving for the DEUS now[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldsilver

Feb 20, 2017
East Coast-Mid Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Started with a Garrett. I think I've probably tried everything make and model from 1977, all the way to the up to the E-trac and GPX 4800.
Nothing new as for me now, I am pretty much handicapped.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
down to 1. etrac, 5" sunray, stock coil . and tornado, old garrett pinpointer. That's about all I need and can afford! :)

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2x Full XP Deus's
1x Minelab Excalibur II
2x Tesoro Mojave's
1x AT Pro
1x Whites Classic II

Hoopah1972

Mar 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three right now. Ace 250, Whites Dual field PI and the XP Deus.

Last edited:

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Three
Gta1000
Seahunter Mark II
Bounty hunter

I've only used the two Garrett's (bounty hunter was a BOGO when I bought the Seahunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not enough, I have 9.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread