CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS IN A MORE SIMPLER FORM FOR US PLEASE

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... 2. If not, is it plainly marked as a public park?.....

"marked" ? Why must it be "marked" ? (as in ... a sign or something?). Last I checked, the street in front of my house is not marked "public street".

I totally agree not to fence hop into private property. But your "marked" statement has me mystified. Why can't a person (if they are skittish) look it up on color coded maps. D/t the marvelous invention of the internet. And see where different entities of land (city, state, county, federal, etc...) are clearly shown in color codes.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you trust "everything" you read on the internet? Think all the gov't sites are 100% accurate?? Hmm........

There are some folks who choose to play things safe, while others who like to flirt with danger, so to speak.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I ask is because There is a a lake called lake Livingston, There is a dam and below it is a river call the San Jacinto (spelling) The Army core of engineers built the dam but a place called Browders own property on both sides of the river and on the lake by the dam. They gave us permission to hunt on it. They have people on that dam by the spillway all the time. Don't want to go down there and get into trouble. And some of you are right, the laws are strict. They don't have commercials that say "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS" for no reason.

TOM in CA - I might know if I am over thinking it, IF I knew what it meant. I believe it's better to safe than sorry. I get on to my nephews all the time for getting into trouble because they do not follow the rules and laws. How can I tell them that if i can not do the same. We have to practice what we preach so we can preach to our younger generation. At least thats the way I see it.

One other thing, I just like to know what the laws mean. You know what they say, Ignorance is no excuse for not knowing the law

If you have permission from Browders you should be good there but since 9-11 normally you can't get close to dams for fear of terrorist attacks.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
....Do you trust "everything" you read on the internet? Think all the gov't sites are 100% accurate?? ...

If I had a map, showing boundaries of public vs private land, yes I would "trust" it.

But let's expand on your question even further (because it's a valid one) : Why trust anyone or anything ? Even a land-owner (or gardener at a city park you ask, etc...) can "be mistaken". Right ? Where does it end ?

So let's all hire surveyors every single time we go out. And not just one surveyor, but 3 surveyors. Afterall, the first 2 "might be mistaken" or "might have made an errant measurement", eh ?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have permission from Browders you should be good there but since 9-11 normally you can't get close to dams for fear of terrorist attacks.
Same with the RR's now. The Mr. has to take a "RR class", just to work 2 or 3 days on the RR jobs. Twice now, in 3 yrs....... Heavy heavy fines and personal liability apply, if an accident happens(or you cause train to stop, etc....). The Mr. hates RR work (I hate the fact they can attach personal liability, like the company should be insured, no?)
Heck, I got run off a RR tracks when young, 30+ yrs back, RR Police took their job seriously then, too.

Can't knowledgably comment about Tx waterways. Texas is a whole nother country.
I still wouldn't keep poking the bears about it, though.
Next thing you know, Tx md'er's will hafta be getting State representation on the capital floor, cause some idiot wants to ban MD-ing in the whole state (much like we had to do, a few yrs back. here in Fl.) We were lucky to find an official to rep us. (they'll say you're with the cartels, trying to dig tunnels, or something, lol)

Posted land is just that, posted. That means KEEP OUT, lol.
Considering myself a somewhat informed person/md'er,
most the time, my motto is: Go for it! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread