Homeless family

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont get emotional very often but yesterday we saw a young family walking by old 99 highway and told my partner to stop. Got out and talked to them personally. In their 20s and their car that they lived in broke down. I offered them money but the young man said no. :dontknow: Well i smiled opened my wallet and gave $20 to his son instead, my partner gave $30 to his young daughter. They didnt want a ride so the money had to do. I see homeless people everyday but that broke my heart. If there is a God i hope they will be helped.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how someone who needs and deserves it has the pride not to ask for hand outs. Yet the people who choose to live homeless expect handouts, get indignant when you say no and everyone feels sorry for them?? Nice helping people is true need.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very true.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, aa battery.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done sir.

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter how bad we think we have it, all you have to do is open your eyes and look around and you realize life is good. Very kind of you!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your are a good man aa, I nominate for honorable mention, no pics required.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet the people who choose to live homeless expect handouts, get indignant when you say no and everyone feels sorry for them??

I don't think anyone in this country "chooses" to be homeless. Why would they? You need a reality check and a LOT more compassion for the less fortunate people around you...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did a very good thing for a family in need! :angel7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
doesn't seem in good taste in my opinion to post on this thread asking for your own help

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone in this country "chooses" to be homeless. Why would they? You need a reality check and a LOT more compassion for the less fortunate people around you...

Actually a lot of people do. Why would they? No responsibilities, No one to answer too, no alarm clock, no bills, no boss to answer too, no taxes and FREE hand outs from bleeding heart folks at ever corner... You see it here in sunny California all the time. Constantly actually. Your naivety reminds of a news paper article written by a very liberal homeless advocate news reported out of the Sacramento area about 20 years ago. He was out to prove all the people like me wrong on how it is just people on hard times and how we should be compassionate to these unfortunate people. He decided to go play the part of a homeless person for 6 weeks and make a news series on it. He actually lived with them for 6 weeks posing as a homeless person who came in on a train. By the time he lived with them for 6 weeks he had a more realistic look at what was actual. Sure there was the few that were truly mentally ill and really needed help, But his conclusion was just as I said, Most are there because they want to be........ It was hard for him to admit but he did and I gained a lot of respect for the guy for being honest with his articles.

Another example, My Best friends Uncle is homeless 100% by choice and is proud of it. He laughs at how gullible people are and is not shy to say so. Heck during Christmas he makes more money Daily than 90% of the folks on TNET I bet..

So before you preach to people on how they need a reality check you should take your own advice.

It is kind of like how you don't feed wild animals, They become dependent on the hand outs and can't survive on their own.. We as a society have made it easy to be homeless by our stupidity.

The Guy that Aa battery helped out will more than likely be the success story of coming back from hard times because he does not want to be homeless, He has pride, wants to raise a healthy family, He wants to instill work ethic in his children. So he finds it hard to take a handout. This is the type of person everyone of us should be helping anytime we have a chance!! And again, Good Job AA battery

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you don't think there are people who are looking for someone to use you are naive

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will always help someone who asks me for a few bucks.
I will always feed the birds in the winter.
I will always take in a stray cat or dog.
I will always try to save a turtle from getting run over in the road.
I will always try to help an injured animal.
I will always do these things because it's the right thing to do.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those can be noble things in theory, but what if your trying to help is actually doing the oposite?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my own thoughts about the 'homeless' and their situation, but just like double a I would have give them kids a little money. Might have just gave them a bag of groceries, or just drove on by, but when it gets down to it it's my money, I'll do what the hell I want to with it. If I got it I'll pass a five to some begging person on the street up here and the wife will say you know he's just gonna go to the liquor store with that, but like I wasn't?

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everything we do in life is a choice. And every choice has either a good outcome, or a bad outcome. Study tonight and get a good grade, or play video games and get a poor grade. Make dinner and have a full belly, or skip dinner and be hungry. Metal detect that park and find that silver, or pass so you can watch a sitcom. Work hard with good morals and succeed, or work just enough to get the next paycheck. Pass on the next drink, get in the car, and drive home safely, or have one more that gives you that buzz and then get pulled over for a DUI (or worse). Pass on trying out a new drug, or take that hit and have problems.

Every homeless person that isn't physically or mentally disabled made a choice at some point in their life that put them where they are now. They didn't think something through, and now they are dealing with it. Want my help? I'll tell you to figure out what choice you made in the past that put you on the streets, and that you should try and correct it for yourself. Don't come to me looking for a handout, a meal, or anything else. You want a job? Sure. I own a business, and I usually have an available position, but make the choice to at least try to look and smell presentable. If you choose to come to me in jeans held up with a rope, and you smell like you've been on a three day binge, I choose not to hire you.

I tell this to my kids all the time. It's up to them to make the right decision, and nobody else's fault if they made the wrong decision. My son (20), is now at Western WA University, and it costs me $0 per year, because in 10th grade he realized that his future was up to him. He went from an average student that went to school and then played video games and what-not, to a student who was determined to get at least one scholarship. He ended up with 4 scholarships and numerous grants, and now gets to go to a private university at no cost. He said he didn't want any school loans to have to deal with, and ended up with more then he needed.

Choices and consequences. It's what life is all about. Just don't ask me to fix your decisions.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll keep my 'help the homeless' views mostly to myself KirkS, but I really got to think it's not that they made a choice, they just never got off their *ss and made a move or a choice. You actually can help yourself still in this country and it may be tough and you got to work at it, but it can be done. Good job, that boy of yours. He'll do alright in life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread