I saw a REAL LIVE COUGAR TONIGHT!

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maryland near the Pennsylvania state line, about 80 miles from Philly, and 75 miles from Washington DC.
I line 30 or so miles north of you and around 25 or so years ago one jumped across the Ridge Road and cleared my friends fathers pickup truck.
My only experience was out deer hunting (archery) on the same mountain. When I got back to the Jeep I saw huge cat tracks that followed mine,,, the entire trail I was on.
After I got back to the Jeep and saw that,,,I NOPED the hell outta there.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a trail camera. Have everything but the bear, cougar and bobcat on cat. I guess that's why Tuesday night there were four deer smack dab in the middle of my driveway. Robins were here 3 weeks ago and the bobcat was chasing them. Saw the tracks in the 1" of snow we had at the time. I'll get the camera back out soon. Right now I think the camera is having problems.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldjerseygirl, I'm 1 hour and 10 minutes from the southern Jersey state line by car. Cougars are on the way. They're breeding around here.
Man! I'm confused now! "They're breeding around here." Are we talking about the ones at the nightclubs or the wild ones? Oh wait! Those are the wild ones. Er ah the four legged ones in the outdoors? Er ah, Oh never mind this started out so simple and now it's got me all befuddled..............

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think so. Way the lights are around the house I have a 100' head start, and will only have to go 15' to safety. Like I said, enough tasty deer around here I don't think it will come close. Now the bobcat, he's a different story. Comes right up to my steps to check out the chickens, who are NOT amused. My big Maine Coon cat scares the tar out of them when they see him.

Just be careful. They will watch and learn Habits before they try anything. There was a new story awhile back where one watched kids go to the bus every morning. Once the thing did that for a week or two it snagged a kid before anyone knew what happened.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I gotta agree with you there. Them 2-legged cougars CAN be awful dangerous! 8-)

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I gotta agree with you there. Them 2-legged cougars CAN be awful dangerous! 8-)

Not so if your old,poor, and ugly.
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy. Red Green....

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be careful. They will watch and learn Habits before they try anything. There was a new story awhile back where one watched kids go to the bus every morning. Once the thing did that for a week or two it snagged a kid before anyone knew what happened.
More confusion........... Was this one of the nightclub ones stalking a high school bus? :icon_scratch::tongue3:

On a serious note. Any of you Californians live in Irvine, Lake Forest, or Mission Viejo areas? There's been several attacks over the years. The latest was a female jogger that was saved by another lady who beat the cat off with her bike. They've been spotted as far as the upper or back bay in Newport. Haven't heard these? We were told not to say anything about 3am sightings!:icon_scratch: They didn't want to shake up the natives aka residents.:laughing7:

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have a few mountain lions at work. Utah.

Attachments

• 10-30-2016-1 (9).jpg
    10-30-2016-1 (9).jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 10-30-2016-4 (27).JPG
    10-30-2016-4 (27).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 54

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
CW0909, just wait till the cougars get their E-Z passes and cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge. They're coming.

whoops misread your post to Oldjerseygirl
your close to pa boarder, a friend said he saw a big cat
near Michaux State Forest a few yrs ago
they say the big cats have a wide range sometimes in the
triple digits

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
One morning I woke up next to my still smoking campfire near Cow Creek, in the Bradshaw Mountains of Central Arizona. As I lay there in my sleeping bag wondering if I could hold my bladder much longer in the warm as toast sleeping bag, my waking eye caught a silhouette in the rocks about 30-meters away that made me stop breathing.

What REALLY scared me was the cougar was gone, just vanished, before I could get my hand and pistol out of my sleeping bag. Beautiful animals, but scary as heck when you are by yourself 25-miles from anything. :skullflag:

If that had been me, it probably would have solved my bladder problem, but left me wondering how to get the smell out of my sleeping bag.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot here in the hills east of where I live and a lot of the hillbillies there use the 3 S's rule. See them, shoot them, Shovel them. (Bury)

Yup, if you're afraid of something, shoot it. Must be a terrible thing to live in fear of every creature that walks on this planet...

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in the pocono mountain region and I have seen a large cat ( not sure species) and my wife has had several sightings. They are not bobcats which are common. I do know that panthers were introduced many years ago to bring down the coyote population. The
Rangers say that none are left but I flatly disagree)

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
More confusion........... Was this one of the nightclub ones stalking a high school bus? :icon_scratch::tongue3:

On a serious note. Any of you Californians live in Irvine, Lake Forest, or Mission Viejo areas? There's been several attacks over the years. The latest was a female jogger that was saved by another lady who beat the cat off with her bike. They've been spotted as far as the upper or back bay in Newport. Haven't heard these? We were told not to say anything about 3am sightings!:icon_scratch: They didn't want to shake up the natives aka residents.:laughing7:

Yuuup!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions