Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're not supposed to. That's why on great occasion one is found dead on the road.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've got everything here except whales.

I was at the bar the other night with my buddy having some beers. We had been there a while when two large girls came up to the bar and ordered some drinks. I noticed when they ordered they both had strong accents so I said ‘Hi, are you two girls from Scotland?’ One of them spoke up, with quite an attitude and said ‘it’s WALES you idiot!!!’

So I immediately said ‘Sorry, are you two Whales from Scotland?’

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"They" say their are none around here in Middle TN. But I've been a hunter all my life and pay close attention to my surroundings. Back around 96' - 98' I came home the back way and about 150 yds. from my home a COUGAR jumped across the road in full stride about 20 yds. in front of me... stopped on the edge of the road for 1/2 second (less) and dived down into the deep ravine. I jumped out, looked and never saw it again. I still have never seen another since here.

Later that same year a guy I met owned a pasture about 1.5 miles away (as crow flies) and said he watch one walk right along his fence line, clear the fence and disappear. Same time frame as mine. He also never saw it again.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have mountain lions here in the middle of the Rockies. In all my wanderings in the woods, I have never seen one, but I know they have seen me and let me pass.

gatordog7

Sep 21, 2015
Hixson, TN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett Pinpointer, Lesche digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live near Chattanooga and have heard similar stories the last 4-5 years about mtn lion sightings up on Signal Mtn. There has been quite a few discussions on our local Talk radio show where people have called in with their sighting stories. One gentleman told of watching a female carry a small baby cougar across his yard as he just got home from work. I too have hunted the area for years and even though the TWRA (TN Wildlife Resources Association) denies any cougar/mtn lions live near here there continue to be a number of sightings every year. Supposedly one was hit last year north of Athens TN with pics of the carcass. Until one walks into a local bank I guess the denials will continue??

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean like the deer are known to do? Walk into stores? Yes, that will be the day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions