04gto

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2017
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2, Teknetics T2 LTD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I have been looking for a carry case for my Teknetics T2 LTD. After searching this forum and many others, at first I was unable to find an affordable and effective solution.

First thing I searched for was a case by the manufacturer. Teknetics makes one, but all the reviews were, at best, underwhelming. Their case seemed like somewhat of an afterthought. Like a budget gym bag with minimal padding.
Second was a hard case something like a Pelican case. Three problems here. One- Price these cases and the knockoff brands are very expensive. Two- weight, the cases with their heavy duty construction and dense foam inserts were often twenty plus pounds in the sizes I needed. Three- Sizes were hard to find to fit the detector just right without having to break it down into three or more parts.
Third avenue was a result of my search looking at pelican cases. I came across a lot of very nice hard and soft gun cases everywhere I looked. So I figured there has to be a gun case that would fit the detector well and protect it without weighing more than a couple pounds. I also wanted a case that did not really look like a gun case for many obvious ( I think) reasons. Finally I wanted to keep it under $100.

I found this:
20170208_193438.jpg
20170208_193404.jpg

VISM CVDIS2940B 29.5" DISCREET PADDED SINGLE CARBINE RIFLE CASE GUN CASE BLACK
$45 Including four day (two days for my case!) shipping from ebay.

It is perfect. I only had to break the unit down into two halves, then loosen the nut on the coil to fold it parallel to the shaft. Less than thirty seconds. The padding is very nice, zippers are heavy duty, padded center divider is secured with full length quality velcro and it does not really look like a gun case/bag. It is also very light. Carrying my T2 slung over my shoulder, I could barely even tell that there was something in the bag.

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's nice looking. I would have suggested the padded Garrett case, though. It's more expensive, but it's also a lot more versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to each their own, it's an unnecessary expense for me Of the 5 detectors I own the only one that stays protected is the 1280X which came in a hard case. All others lay in the back of the van when I hunt under a false floor.

OP
OP
04gto

04gto

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2017
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. Under the false floor, I love hiding spaces. This one will actually go under the floor mat in my second row of the Land Cruiser. The floor mat is one piece so it goes all the way across and when I put flattish items under it just right even people who ride with me don't even notice it near them. When viewed from outside it will be invisible. Not as cool as a false floor though, if I had a van with a false floor, that is where I would keep the rope, duct tape and burlap sacks. :laughing9:

OP
OP
04gto

04gto

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2017
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually looked at a Garrett bag that someone was selling on craigslist. While it was nice than the Teknetics bags, it was not padded as good as the one I chose. Also the guy wanted $50 used and I did not need the other pockets since I already have my detecting accessories organized in another smaller bag. The Garrett bag was nice enough though that if I had a Garrett detector I would have swooped it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread