Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m a newbie to this with 8 months under my coil. I’m 68 years of age and my family thinks I’m nuts because I keep adding new hobbies to my life. Golf, fishing, hunting, collecting vintage pellet guns, fly rod building, and even got my general ham radio license at 60 years of age. There is never a reason for me to be bored because I have a house full hobbies to keep me busy.

An interesting side note here...I know lots of retired guys who dabble in all of my hobbies, but over 90% of the time I do them alone. I just get tired of hearing "I’ve got some things to do around the house, but thanks for asking," that I don’t even ask very often any more. I hate seeing older people getting old because of inactivity, but you can’t make a horse drink if it doesn’t want to. As long as I’m healthy enough, I’m going to keep swinging the coil and enjoying my time outdoors when it’s possible to be there, and indoors when it’s not.

Enough drivel...

Feb 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
25 year old detector from Canada. I take alot of joy from cruising through the forums with my morning coffee before work.

Also interested in gold prospecting as a hobby. Anything that gets me outdoors is good enough for me

t3redundee

Mar 25, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 ,Garret ace400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
68 this year. 1st year detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread