d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Be 59 the 28th of this month. First time I went was in 1966 best I remember, I was 8. Been metal detecting hard for the last 20+ years...d2 013.JPG

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
64, Started around 1990 I think. And the computer generation? Ya, It's to hard, they don't find all the "good stuff" the first day, and they actually have to get down to dig! It's not fair!

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost 41, was 7 in the picture (cool dude huh?).

Brian Finder

Greenie
Feb 5, 2017
Southern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to turn 62 and will restart after about 20 years. Seen my old Radio Shack Discovery 2 in the garage. Cleaned it up
and ready to use it this spring.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm 47. When visiting my grandfather at the beach 40 years ago, he gave me his old detector. We walked the beach and my first target was a big chunky gold ring. He had a big smile on his face as he had planted it for me to find. He was a jokester. I used it for about a week and the battery died and it was a big unusual and expensive battery for an 8 yr old so the detector went in the closet. I "started up" again a year ago and did the same gold ring trick to my 8yr old daughter on the beach. I guess I'm a jokester too!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 57. Can't remember exactly when I started but the unit that Treasuresalvor is holding in his 7yr old pic looks very similar to my first unit with a meter-type readout that jumped over metallic objects. You dug when it went high and ignored the small jumps, or at least that's what I did after my Dad and I ran around the yard and the local park digging holes and lots of pulltabs/beavertails. Wonder what I might have found if I had dug them all??? Have detected on and off since the early 1990's and really gotten back into it more recently.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
45 & just getting started. My son is 12 and just getting started as well.
Had an old detector way back from Radio Shack. It was a piece of junk but I think we had fun with it. Don't believe we ever found anything but when I was a kid, everything was fun! Why? Because you made it fun!

FindersKeepers74

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be 43 at the end of March. Haven't started detecting yet but my first detector will be my birthday present to myself.

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, I'm 65, but, youngatheart.... 27th year detecting, you learn something new, every time you go out... a foot of snow here, in the catskill mountains, in NY now...

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Turned 42 in December.. still got my first rig.. don't remember how old I was; maybe 10.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487014181.962382.jpg

Pacific_Searcher

Sep 30, 2016
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
42 years old been collecting coins since High school got my first detector a year ago.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man oh man there sure are a lot of whippersnappers out there. I'm old, 73, so I can say that. Been detecting for about 30 some years. All you youngsters out there have lots of time left for detecting. Good luck to you all.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My teenage son and me hunt all the time. There is about 40 years between the two of us.

red fox bob

Feb 23, 2016
Apollo,Pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Garrett Pro Pointer,Custom Made Sand Scoop,Garrett AT Pinpointer, Whites MX Sport , Eqauinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started detecting 3 years ago,I'll turn 70 in 10 days.My only regreat is I did'nt start detecting 40 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread