I forgot to get her a Valentine's Day Card !

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the store last Saturday to stock up on groceries before the Sunday/Monday Blizzard . I forget to get her a card . The storm ended Monday night leaving us with 30 inches .

Valentine's Day came - our Plow Guy didn't . My GF gave me a card she bought last month .
I remembered I had a box of used and unused Christmas cards I got off the free table at the dump last month .

I pull out a used one with a long rambling note it written by a stranger , and with the help of a little Whiteout & a red marker .....................

Attachments

• 14 of feb 001.jpg
    14 of feb 001.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 60
  • 14 of feb 002.jpg
    14 of feb 002.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 14 of feb 003.jpg
    14 of feb 003.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 14 of feb.jpg
    14 of feb.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 14 of feb 005.jpg
    14 of feb 005.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 62

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It might work for you, but I'd been in trouble. Really big cold shoulder trouble. In fact, this move on your part could well cost you a bunch of flowers and a high dollar, candle lit, romantic dinner.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some women aren't in to the traditional roses and teddy bears. You may have a down to earth understanding woman unlike many others. Mine? For valentines I picked her up a breakfast sandwich a scratch off and a couple kit-kats in the morning and packed a lunch out to the woods and set up a tent in the snow, gave her a little cash for the bath bombs and such she might want and she was happy. :icon_thumright:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's too cool. I'm laughin so hard it's bringin tears to my eyes.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She actually thought it was hilarious - She gave me a big hug and said I reminded her of Macgyver . We have been watching it every night on Netflix the past few weeks .

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know how you pulled that off. I created a point system years ago to help us guys earn points when dealing with the fairer sex. I named the point system SINDOGA which stands for S**T IN THE DOG HOUSE AGAIN! I checked my point chart and reusing someones valentines day card is a negative 1000 points! I just checked my point total and I'm still negative in 2017. Luckily your point total resets at the end of the year!

Plug N Play

Bronze Member
Aug 23, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
De Havilland Canada DHC-7-102 Dash 7 - Fugro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" My GF gave me a card she bought last month ."

She was prepared.

But, hey ...
Now, you have a card for her birthday.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
" My GF gave me a card she bought last month ."

She was prepared.

But, hey ...
Now, you have a card for her birthday.

Same card for birthday, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and even next Christmas. What girlfriend wouldn't want a financially responsible man who would rather re-purpose an old card several times in order to save more money for things that REALLY count? laughing hysterically.gif

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice save, but seriously now- who the hell actually owns a bottle of white out anymore?

(and it wasn't dried out either, freaking amazing!)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save, but seriously now- who the hell actually owns a bottle of white out anymore?

White out??? In my book you've earned 150 points for using a relic for a modern day task! You do know you lowered the value of that relic now that you've opened it?

On the other hand...... Went to the dollar store a few days before to get soda. Yup! save 39 cents on each 2 liter. Looked through the cards and there were some really nice looking cards for $.99. Grabbed a bunch. Went across the street to get the dog food and walked by the card rack. Almost fell on the floor! For cards that were the same quality or less $5.25 - $6.50!!!! Oh, the dollar store cards were in cellophane so the cards stayed with their envelopes! This is important to me, because I'm the guy that is constantly having envelopes that are 1 inch too wide or has to spend 20 minutes shaving down the card so it fits the envelope I got.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had taken my homemaker out for lunch last Tuesday. Remember, happy girlfriends and wives, happy life.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought cards ahead of time a couple of different times. Seems the only time I run across them is when I don't need them.

As for the cards/envelopes in cellophane, I prefer that they not be. The wife likes to reject the original envelope and spend 30 minutes trying to find another proper-sized envelope in a "pretty color". :BangHead:

Oh, HI Honey. :hello: .............. black-eye.gif

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have 2 bottles - got them off the free table at the dump .
Michael Nesmith's Mother invented it . You all know him from the band ''The Monkeys ''

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why is a post about a Valentines card on T-Net? Because this is PURE GOLD!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 2 bottles - got them off the free table at the dump .
Michael Nesmith's Mother invented it . You all know him from the band ''The Monkeys ''

No kidding??!??!??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions