It should be about three weeks.

OP
OP
B

bloovey

Feb 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how much will it cost and from which site can I buy it from?

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I think Carolina Tom as mistaken on his 3 week figure, I heard production was delayed due to getting the Automatic Digger Circuit (ADC) to perform in all soils.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the very high end machines will give some very precise target id's but in the end none will tell you exactly what an item is, it's not possible to account for all of the random junk with virtually identical TID's. It's just a computer that uses algorithms to interpret changes in a magnetic field. Perhaps some day metal detector technology will catch up to side scan sonar on boats but it still has a long long way to go.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
But seriously, I have been paying more attention to the target trace on my CTX. That is about as close to underground RADAR as is currently available.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I apologize sir. I was not being serious with you.

Point one: Predicting the future is nearly impossible, that's why the lottery is hard to win. So, we can tell what the future might hold.

Point two: A detector can't ID an object, let me clarify, the detector can only give you it's best guess on what is in the ground. Sometimes the machine is correct, but even the best detector (Deus) is wrong sometimes. There are some GPR (ground penetrating radar) units that can do, what I believe you are referring to, however, they are extremely expensive.

I will try to be a better a forum member moving forward, and not give snappy answers.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure would be nice to know if I was about to fall into a rusted out 55 gallon drum loaded with Silver Dollars or a rusted out 55 gallon drum full of crap!:tongue3::laughing7:

Frank

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bloovey, please look over Carolina Tom, he has not had his medication today.
I don't think I would want a machine that can tell what the target is with accuracy. It would take all the skill that we have to acquire as diggers out of the game. Becoming better with my equipment, and the anticipation of what I'm going to get is half the fun for me.

HH, RN

OP
OP
B

bloovey

Feb 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this hobby. metal detecting gives me a thrill, not knowing what kind of treasure I will discover:tongue3:!

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I cannot speak for other detectors, but my Whites MXT will tell you if the coin is a quarter, a dime or a nickel. It is rock solid on normal coins. Then if it is some sort of alloy and the machine does not know exactly what it has, it gives you the two closest things it thinks it is, and has a confidence bar graph to tell you how confident it is about the guess. Then it also gives you a "VDI" number. This scale helps you decide if it is ferrous or other material. You can also tell by the sounds it gives off, what it is. If it is ferrous and big enough, the machine "grunts" to let you know it is ferrous. The sound of aluminum, is also very distinct. Gold lead and bronze pretty much sound the same. It does not always get it right, but it give about as much info as it can. That being said, the MXT does not hit on gold very well. It is a true coin shooter though.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machines are pretty much ready for release.
The one snafu that appears to be tripping up the electronic engineers is the date factor. They are not able to get a clear date on the coin identified, prior to digging. A very important factor among their targeted market. I mean, who wants to dig an 1885 seated dime, if you already have one?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Bloovey, please look over Carolina Tom, he has not had his medication today.
I don't think I would want a machine that can tell what the target is with accuracy. It would take all the skill that we have to acquire as diggers out of the game. Becoming better with my equipment, and the anticipation of what I'm going to get is half the fun for me.

HH, RN

I took three times as much meds as I should have, and my head is spinning like a whirly gig!

Sorry!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Some of the very high end machines will give some very precise target id's but in the end none will tell you exactly what an item is, it's not possible to account for all of the random junk with virtually identical TID's. It's just a computer that uses algorithms to interpret changes in a magnetic field. Perhaps some day metal detector technology will catch up to side scan sonar on boats but it still has a long long way to go.

Ice-wing doesn't know what he's talking about. He obviously hasn't seen the late night White's TV commercial where they most clearly tell you that it " tells you what's in the ground before you dig" Tsk tsk.

But for those who didn't buy that whites machine, there is an after-market device that I sell. You can put on any metal detector , that enables it to tell aluminum apart from gold, and the dates on all the coins before you dig. I accept PayPal. ;)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're getting better. But it's still about conductivity. And some target shape.

Trouble is a pull tab and a gold ring will always be pretty close.

You can get a detector that may mask junk and notch out all but coins. But at what cost? That elusive $5 gold or 3¢ silver look like trash to most detectors.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When will they invent smart metal detectors? I would really love to have a smart metal detector that will be able to tell me exactly what I have found. I heard fisher will be making them soon.

kemper, is that you?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A smarter machine? The one's I have are already smarter than I am, in fact my wife will ask THEM a question before she will ask me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread