Im new to this...

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bloovey. After checking out other forums, I settled on signing up on TN because it seems to be the friendliest and most helpful forum. There are one or two metal detecting specific sites that are also good. I don't know about which is 'bigger', but there seems to be a knowledgeable bunch of folks here... maybe a quality vs. quantity thing. There is no harm in joining up with several forums, though.

JimJ

Mar 24, 2016
Metz, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, At Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several others out there and I think some are good but in my opinion TreasureNet is the best with a lot of in depth information. Plus if you have questions there is a great knowledge base here to help!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I checked out many forums 3 years ago and finally found Tnet. It's where I choose to hang out. Great community of helpful people who share the same passions.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i have checked out other treasure sites and belong to some but my self i have to say you will not find a better treasure site than . right here ..Treasurenet

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on at least sites on a daily basis but I always end up here. It is the biggest one I know of.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am on two other sites. Not as much as I am on here though. A LOT of real good people here and a LOT more seem to be willing to share info and advice. Like every site you have BS that you need to weed out. One one site a detectorists claims to find over a grand a year for the last 3 years. Last year he it over 1600.00 in clad. LOTS believe him. I don't. That would be an AVERAGE of 19 quarters a day EVERY DAY of the year.

We have people that love to show real finds, love to answer questions and help and enjoy this hobby. Then we have others that love to brag about what they find and claim they have the best machine there is and try to cram their views down your throat.

We have some GREAT moderators here and ones that are willing to let you explain what you type. Lets face it, sometimes we say what we mean but it comes across very wrong to others in type. Instead of hitting a banned button they give you a chance to reword what you say to make it understood exactly what you meant.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering are there other sites like treasurenet, if so how do they compare? Which site is the best? Is treasurenet the biggest and the best site for this kind of stuff....just wondering.. so far I love treasurenet the most.:icon_thumleft:

Thanks,

Saje
The largest treasure hunting web site in the world. over 2000 people on line now.
Welcome Bloovey!

Last edited:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Geez Scuba. Laying it on a little thick there- " We have some GREAT moderators here and ones that are willing to let you explain what you type. Lets face it, sometimes we say what we mean but it comes across very wrong to others in type. Instead of hitting a banned button they give you a chance to reword what you say to make it understood exactly what you meant. "

I'll test you theory. I think what you said only refers to certain people.

I have a major question for you. Because of this post and your comment on my other post concerning mods. Did you just join back under a new name because of a ban or another beef with a mod under a different name?

I was on another site for a very long time. Instead of being able to give my point of view a mod hit the banned button for a week. I was threatened by the Govner on another site that I would be banned and he didn't want to hear anything I had to say.

I am still on both those sites although I limit my posts. I have had conversations here with two mods and they BOTH have listened to me and accepted my point of view. I find that admirable and I believe in these people.

I am speaking about Treasure_Hunter and Jeff_of_PA. I have had no personal dealings with any other mod on here.

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a major question for you. Because of this post and your comment on my other post concerning mods. Did you just join back under a new name because of a ban or another beef with a mod under a different name?

I was on another site for a very long time. Instead of being able to give my point of view a mod hit the banned button for a week. I was threatened by the Govner on another site that I would be banned and he didn't want to here me.

I am still on both those sites although I limit my posts. I have had conversations here with two mods and they BOTH have listened to me and accepted my point of view. I find that admirable and I believe in these people.

I am speaking about Treasure_Hunter and Jeff_of_PA. I have had no personal dealings with any other mod on here.

Yes he is a current banned member coming under a different name. You can tell by reading his only post on this site under this name. All about how he was dissed and he isn't being adult about it.....

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes he is a current banned member coming under a different name. You can tell by reading his only post on this site under this name. All about how he was dissed and he isn't being adult about it.....

LOL I think you are absolutely right! His posts are vanishing like flies in the winter!

laurahatt214

Dec 29, 2016
Orangeburg, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a member of 3 other sites but I keep coming back here. The ppl here are helpful and nice, as a newbie they don't make you feel like an outsider. I have friends here that I talk to almost everyday, but not on the other sites. I use the other sites mostly for looking up info on and this site for that also and for chatting about our favorite hobby.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread