ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well tomorrow I turn the big 60 and I will have been a member here for a year on March 1st 2017. I looked back on last summers posts and realized I had a blast, shared some good and not so good experiences and I have enjoyed most the comments and observations that many of the members here have made on my posts. I feel I must be helping some of the users on here as I have just 40 shy of 5000 likes.

One thing I do enjoy is giving sound advice to the questions asked about what I know best and that is detecting and scuba diving. As most who have followed me know, I had the opportunity this year to hit a spot that a lot of waders knew about but not very many divers ever touched. My best finds last year are posted here:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/2016-annual-finds/526339-my-2016-finds.html

My best finds ever are posted here:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/my-best-finds/493828-my-best-finds-date.html

Because of my ability to detect in places many only dream of I can come up with some of the craziest things. Nobody dreams of finding WW1 bombs or machine gun magazines in the states.

I know this last year I made the moderators cringe with some of my posts. Most of that was totally unintentional. Some I know I was out of line. As the moderators have stated. "We are all guests here, we need to act like it." How right they are. None of us have the right to publicly call another poster full of it even if they find a pristine steel penny in the ground or whatever. I am very glad the moderators have never felt the need to ban me for a day, week or for good because of any of my posts. I am also glad the moderators kept the people that came here from another site to bash me in check.

One of my posts on that matter has over 10,500 views. I think some people were entertained!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...es/514974-tired-folks-trying-run-my-life.html

I have grown fond of posts by a lot of regulars on here and can't wait to see what they uncover. Just like a few of you have looked forward to my underwater adventures in Michigan.

We all have one life to live and we do that the best we can. This hobby is one of the most satisfying rewards I get out of life at this point in it. Metal detecting and diving help me stay out of pain as the weight of my head is not on my neck. I know that getting to the waters edge might be a problem for me in future years and my thoughts of an electric golf cart on my trailer might be the ticket if it gets that worse. Only time will tell.

There are a LOT of folks on here I totally enjoy reading their adventures. My problem with naming any one of them is if I forget one, I would feel guilty afterwards. I think most of you regulars know who you are because I comment on any post you make, no matter how small of a find.

My thanks to all on here that have accepted me, my posts, my adventures, my shortcomings and the way I think. I know positively for sure my views are not shared by everyone. Even my best detecting friend Keven who also dives with me sometimes does not share my views. A few times he has come up to see me talking with the police and has gone back down and stayed completely out of sight. He knows I will handle it one way or another!

Anyway, I will be renewing my Charter Membership on March 1st with no hesitation. I hope my advice and my knowledge of water hunting has helped many members and lurkers. I wish all of you wonderful finds this year and when I get back to Michigan the end of April and get back into diving I also hope to come across some new and exciting finds like I have in the past.

Stay safe everyone. Remember water kills and no piece of junk detector no matter how much it costs you is worth your life. If in trouble in the water DITCH everything, get safe and if you can get your equipment later. If not live to buy new and enjoy what this hobby has to offer.

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a Happy Birthday tomorrow and I enjoy your posts as well. Thanks for all the insight you provide.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are one of the good guys on here Scuba. Happy birthday buddy.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been inspired by your posts this past year. Have a wonderful birthday and I look forward to many more.......

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You're a good poster here Scuba but no need to escape reality. You said- "We are all guests here, we need to act like it." How right they are. None of us have the right to publicly call another poster full of it even if they find a pristine steel penny in the ground or whatever."

It takes both authority and members to make up a forum. If members are guests then authority should act like hosts. They fall way short in that department. Some like you will fit in here, kissing up may help keep you here. Without that I doubt some of your previous posts would have stayed or you would have avoided a ban. Not that I have anything against your posts .

I am not sure I follow you completely. I actually think the mods here do a great job. I know some of my posts were deleted with cause. I also know I have been misunderstood on some posts. However, I have been able to clarify things with the mods and all has been well. I really don't believe I kiss up to anyone. Look at how I handle police. Certainly I am not afraid of a mod if I am not afraid of a cop with a gun. I have told Jeff_of_PA and Treasure_Hunter my feelings exactly and none have been sugar coated. I treat any police officer with respect and I return the respect they give me. Same goes with the mods on here. If a mod has publicly attacked me and I feel that has happened, I then take a long time to ponder what I said that they could have taken very wrong before I respond. But kissing up? Not what I do.

It is so very hard to put in writing everything you want to say to be understood by all reading. Nobody can see your facial experessions, your demeanor, they can't hear the tone of your voice. That all comes into play when talking in person. None comes into play while typing.

I hope I understand and have addressed what you are saying. Yes we all have a part to play in a public forum including the mods. They wouldn't be mods if the owners didn't have confidence in their ability. And of course being human they are also prone to mistakes.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday tomorrow! Of your posts I have read, I have not had seen anything I had a problem with and find that generally everyone here can help with hints hunting or at least entertain with the latest hunt story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread