Oak Island Influence

Dig-Dug

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, some I'm hooked on the Oak Island saga.....long story short, I got my first detector. It's a Treasure Cove 3020. (Cool starter until I get the hang, I'll give it to the misses once I'm ready to upgrade), It was a b-day gift from my mom...and I'm loving detecting. (First time was today). Spoils in pic...just messed around at a local park getting the feel...going to the beach tomorrow during low tide to search some more. I'm looking forward to the up coming hunts...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    800.4 KB · Views: 96

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet and the best hobby! You did well on your first day. Today at the beach make sure you are digging up some of the very few pull tabs thrown on the ground because gold is close to aluminum on the conductance scale and you don't want to miss them.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. Your in for a ride your gonna love this hobby ! Hit the high traffic areas of the beach, where the people congregate most. Best times are early and late in the day. This way you either beat the crowd to the spot, or wait for the crowd to leave the spot. Good luck !

OP
OP
Dig-Dug

Dig-Dug

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome and tips folks...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Dig-Dug,

Good Luck in the new hobby! You had a nice first day. :occasion14:

IMHO, for the first few outings I would recommend digging everything; especially on a high traffic beach. Remember GOLD "lives" in the lower to mid conductive area, hence you must be finding nickels, foil and pull-tabs to find the gold goodies. It is a cruel joke that the valuable beach finds appear as junk.

GL & HH

Doc

OP
OP
Dig-Dug

Dig-Dug

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rain killed my plans.....only got 15min in before the rain came....got a penny and an old watch....wish I had more time...I'll be back out next time weather permits...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    992 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    895.4 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 66

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome.

My advice - anything you haven't found after 40 ft of digging probably isn't worth added digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread