Advice needed. Possible sale of rare relic I found.

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently posted a half Floral Wreath Tongue Buckle I dug. I have never sold an item I have found other than scrap gold.

The buckle seems like it could fetch, to me, a significant amount. I do not collect military or CW items so that is why I am considering a sale.

Any advice on where or how to sell this possibly rare buckle half would. E appreciated.

I know about eBay. I'm interested to know if there are better forums/sites to sell this type item?

IMG_1826.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find . But being just half a buckle part it really does not carry that much value .

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other thing you could do is put it on consignment with a reputable Civil War dealer.

OP
OP
J

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would look into auctioning. See if you can find one that deals with military. Try to assess the value. What does it weigh?

Thanks for the input relicmeister.

Nice find . But being just half a buckle part it really does not carry that much value .

That was my initial thought, but what I've seen so far indicates that the rarity of this particular piece makes it worth a little more.

The other thing you could do is put it on consignment with a reputable Civil War dealer.

Thank you. I just sent an email and pics to a Knoxville dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread