Not open for further replies.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought this thread was about Virginia Tech :tongue3:

Attachments

• hokie.gif
    hokie.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 72

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=2]Hokey Thread Titles[/h]
Isn't that hokey in it's own right?

Shouldn't the thread title be, COMPLAINT ABOUT THREAD TITLES?

...and what's with the hokey name gaspipe? Shouldn't it just be Bob364 or Steve 833?

(see, hokey is good, even you use it)

A hokey title draws a persons attention, and possible pique's interest garnering more views.

I don't open up anything with the title, FOUND ITEM or RUSTY IRON.

The only reason I opened up this thread was due to your trickery with the hokey title. I thought I would read something funny, not another common uninteresting complaint.

Hokey is Dokey... Okay?

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]Hokey Thread Titles[/h]
Isn't that hokey in it's own right?

Shouldn't the thread title be, COMPLAINT ABOUT THREAD TITLES?

...and what's with the hokey name gaspipe? Shouldn't it just be Bob364 or Steve 833?

(see, hokey is good, even you use it)

A hokey title draws a persons attention, and possible pique's interest garnering more views.

I don't open up anything with the title, FOUND ITEM or RUSTY IRON.

The only reason I opened up this thread was due to your trickery with the hokey title. I thought I would read something funny, not another common uninteresting complaint.

Hokey is Dokey... Okay?

Gaspipe is a family name ...my father was in the mafia.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read it.. if I don't like it I quit reading it. It's funny how a forum works in relation to people.. you build some type of rapport with some members if you hang around long enough.

So, certain users in certain categories will always get my attention.

I don't care if their titled is r e t a r d e d. Just, like I don't care if a friend of mine says something r e t a r d e d.. so, do I at times I'm sure.

If you found something.. I want to see it. I don't care about banners; I don't even know what that means. Cool is cool.. gold coin or a token; makes no difference to me.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the record.. I've posted hokey titles; I will continue to post hokey titles in the future if the opportunity presents..

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I saw your title thread and saw the word "hokey" I thought that was hokey enough for me to open up and read it and here I am. See it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the complaints about this thread to be funny. How about everybody just ignore things they don't like! People are free to express an opinion about things they like and don't like. The OP doesn't like thread titles where people think they are being "cute". If YOU don't agree, MOVE ALONG. Why do you feel the need to argue and attack?

I swear, someone could post they don't like the color blue and there will be people attacking them for that. ???

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the complaints about this thread to be funny. How about everybody just ignore things they don't like! People are free to express an opinion about things they like and don't like. The OP doesn't like thread titles where people think they are being "cute". If YOU don't agree, MOVE ALONG. Why do you feel the need to argue and attack?

I swear, someone could post they don't like the color blue and there will be people attacking pthem for that. ???
First you say we are free to express an opinion then you tell me to move along and not say anything? Make up your mind.And I was basically asking for opinions. Some agreed with me and some did not and that is fine with me.You indicated that I was attacking people and yet you choose to attack me for expressing my opinion. You can't have it both ways. Have a nice day.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First you say we are free to express an opinion then you tell me to move along and not say anything? Make up your mind.And I was basically asking for opinions. Some agreed with me and some did not and that is fine with me.You indicated that I was attacking people and yet you choose to attack me for expressing my opinion. You can't have it both ways. Have a nice day.

Hahaha, calm down dude! First, did you not see my earlier post? I agree about hokey titled finds threads. Second, I wasn't talking to YOU, I was was talking to everyone who came to complain about your thread.

1- I said "complaint ABOUT this thread", I didnt say your complaint
2- When I said "YOU" I am talking to the reader, which is everybody responding. if YOU (collective) don't like the OP's (gaspipe's) opinion, move along. Stop arguing just because you feel differently.

If that more clear? Sorry if it was confusing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the thing, members can title thread what ever they wish as long as it doesn't violate our rules and titling it something "corny" doesn't violate the rules and members should not be attacked, ridiculed or insulted over the title of their thread. With that said, said members should understand if they are interested in views, a corny title may get skipped over by some members but still their call.

Last edited:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you angry angry little man