Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be alone there. I love the puns. I do however, hate seeing looooong videos of the finds. Like I have 20 mins to watch a coin being found. Just post the pics.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Poor choice of words in the thread subjects is a pet peeve of mine. I try not to respond to threads where the subject isn't clearly stated. It's a real pain in the neck to take time to look at a thread, and find out it's not anything you're interested in, but the OP was either too stupid, or too uncaring to put the real subject in the title.
Jim

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i am with .Gaspipe and Jim in Idaho .. on this i do not care for that type of Hokey Thread Titles either like ..Jim Idaho . i do not open them..

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This would be a very boring site if in Today's Finds Post Subject would be nothing more than the coin, date, and mint mark or Confederate Buckle.

You guys must have watched too many Dragnet Episode's in your youth.

jtfm (1).jpg

I enjoy how some use their imagination and put a hook in the subject line. I also like how they write to let some of their personality show. Those are the ones I want to hunt with, rather than those who have nothing much to say about the hunt or finds. I bet they are boring to be around. To each their own, you have a right to your opinion, as do I.

For all you people with personality and or imagination, let it shine in your posts. :icon_thumleft:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be a very boring site if in Today's Finds Post Subject would be nothing more than the coin, date, and mint mark or Confederate Buckle.

View attachment 1419318

I enjoy how some use their imagination and put a hook in the subject line. I also like how they write to let some of their personality show. Those are the ones I want to hunt with, rather than those who have nothing much to say about the hunt or finds. I bet they are boring to be around. To each their own, you have a right to your opinion, as do I.

For all you people with personality and or imagination, let it shine in your posts. :icon_thumleft:

Yeah, but they aren't really that creative. Over the years you see the same puny titles repeated over and over again and each person thinks they are the first to use it.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
We need hokey. The hokeyer the better. Its not easy being hokey. Give credit were is do.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hokeyness probably cost me two banners. If I had titled the thread with what I had actually found I probably would have gotten more views leading to more votes. Live and learn.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"I found a 2015 penny"

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What makes you feel that way?

For the same reasons others have stated in their posts. It gets old when you constantly get the classic hokey post " I had a "reale" good day today " ?The next time I find a large cent I'am going to title the thread ; " Large Pennies from Heaven" ....how's that for corny.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1419318

You need to read Mr Mike Jackie's post in this thread... That's one reason and I can think of others.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the same reasons others have stated in their posts. It gets old when you constantly get the classic hokey post " I had a "reale" good day today " ?The next time I find a large cent I'am going to title the thread ; " Large Pennies from Heaven" ....how's that for corny.

Pretty corny IMO.

So, you have judged hokey and corny to be bad. You are using the words hokey and and corny as pejoratives. Is it a fact that what you judge to be hokey and corny are bad, or is that in fact your personal interpretation?

We must prevent bad things from happening. : )

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
As soon as I read....wheaties , Merc , Rosie , clad.....you lost me

don't even get me started on bucket list , seems like every find is one these days

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty corny IMO.

So, you have judged hokey and corny to be bad. You are using the words hokey and and corny as pejoratives. Is it a fact that what you judge to be hokey and corny are bad, or is that in fact your personal interpretation?

We must prevent bad things from happening. : )

Wouldn't say bad ; hokey is hokey and corny is corny and it is a fact that it is my personal interpretation.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm probably guilty of the so called "Hokey thread title" but that's just me. I'm a terrible speller. And my grammar sucks so judge me as you like, it makes no difference to me. I enjoy sharing my enthusiasm and finds with like minded people and if the title or spelling or any thing for that matter is not up to par, so be it. I judge people by their actions and nothing else. Didn't know this was a test.

HH, RN

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sort by forum anymore. Bad spelling or grammar gets a pass. Noob questions that have been answered and beat to death is a scroll. Pictures a plus. Short description of type of hunt and machine used is nice. History of the site is a plus. Special setting or coil type gets my attention. Funny is good bashing is bad. Phrase your title in a question. Posting in wrong forum is a pet peeves and can get you a permanent ignore. I visit as a visitor every once in a while to see what I missed. But mostly folks don't post. Just because you don't have a banner post, you got out and that counts. Many of us can't get out.

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I am looking through the new posts, I just put my cursor over the title (if it is not very descriptive) and read the first sentence that is automatically displayed. That way I can quickly see what the post is about... east peasy. I don't know, I have stopped letting most things bother me... maybe it'll add a few more days to my life... and I may end up needing those extra days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread