Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First let me start by saying I got the best wife in the world and I truly mean that. Her wedding ring was my mothers, Janet S. Robinson, who died 1 year 9 months ago due to cancer. We moved my Mother in when we found out and the cancer spread in a year even after a surgery. During that year they became real close. I was watching my girlfriend take care of my mother like only another female could do and for that I was very grateful. I'm a mama's boy through and through. My mother wanted her to have that ring when we got married, which was going to be in 8 more months. We got a call one morning and the hospice told us her time was running out. To do whatever we had to do or say. That night we got married in the hospice chapel and my mother saw us get married. She died two days later. Her ring was getting beat up at work and lost a diamond..so she ordered us these 2 beautiful rings that come from one 1887 Silver Morgan ring to replace our Wedding Rings. Don't worry mine was bought from Sears on the way to the hospice. My unselfish wife gave up all the wedding plans so my mother would be there to see it. I'm am TRULY blessed. IMG_1872.JPG IMG_1873.JPG IMG_1874.JPG IMG_1876.JPG IMG_1885.JPG IMG_1884.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Brought tears to my eyes! What a wonderful story. I wish you both all the best.
Rusty

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You lost a wonderful woman in your life, my condolences, but it sounds like you found another in your wife, that is your true and most valuable treasure that you will ever find.Those are beautiful rings and a fantastic heirloom having your Mother pass on her ring to your wife.

muddyrock

Jun 19, 2016
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post nearly as often I as I would like. Let me just say this is a wonderful story. Sorry for your loss and congrats on a wonderful wife.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bless you Truth, I had a feeling you were a good guy, I can see where you got it from. Good Luck to you and your wife in ya'ss future.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A beautiful story, your wife is a special person.
May God Bless you Mother.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome story of love and commitment. You and your wife are a rare find and good people in my book.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I appreciate all the heartwarming comments and yes I'm truly blessed. But I was not always this blessed I had to go through a lot of humility which led to becoming humble due to my shortcomings. I was a man who appeared have everything but I had nothing. I was the "look at me guy" with the look at me car and the look at me suit and then I lost everything ( fast life ). I decided my goal was just to be a good man. Starting with getting sober and shedding away my "old life" and all the chaos that comes with it, I was rewarded. Now it took 8 years rewards don't come over night like we want. Remember God mean Moses walk through the desert for 40 years until he got his reward so I was lucky. Lol So always have faith and live a good life and good things will come to you. I got a second chance to become a good man, a good husband, A paid off truck and it totally obsessive addicted detectorist. Life is good. IMG_1890.JPG

P.S. After almost 2 years of marriage I now look like this. Lol That's that good living and that Louisiana country girl cooking.
IMG_1897.JPG
KEEP SWINGING!!!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the love of your life and the turn you took to get where you are. Condolences on your Mother but you know she would be proud of you. As long as we are moving forward and learn from what has come before then you must be doing something right. And beautiful rings, unique too.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the love of your life and the turn you took to get where you are. Condolences on your Mother but you know she would be proud of you. As long as we are moving forward and learn from what has come before then you must be doing something right. And beautiful rings, unique too.

Thank you ds means a lot to me. It's never too late to change.

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First let me start by saying I got the best wife in the world and I truly mean that. Her wedding ring was my mothers, Janet S. Robinson, who died 1 year 9 months ago due to cancer. We moved my Mother in when we found out and the cancer spread in a year even after a surgery. During that year they became real close. I was watching my girlfriend take care of my mother like only another female could do and for that I was very grateful. I'm a mama's boy through and through. My mother wanted her to have that ring when we got married, which was going to be in 8 more months. We got a call one morning and the hospice told us her time was running out. To do whatever we had to do or say. That night we got married in the hospice chapel and my mother saw us get married. She died two days later. Her ring was getting beat up at work and lost a diamond..so she ordered us these 2 beautiful rings that come from one 1887 Silver Morgan ring to replace our Wedding Rings. Don't worry mine was bought from Sears on the way to the hospice. My unselfish wife gave up all the wedding plans so my mother would be there to see it. I'm am TRULY blessed. View attachment 1419003 View attachment 1419004 View attachment 1419005 View attachment 1419006 View attachment 1419009 View attachment 1419010

I was deeply touched by your story. You truly do have a wonderful wife. My condolences go out to you and your wife because of the passing of your mother. However, you can take comfort knowing that being able to see your wedding meant a lot to your mother and she died happy knowing that you are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread