AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the Brand name, they make many different glues, epoxies, and cements.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Yes, it works

It is an expanding glue, so it penetrates porous surfaces and will fill all gaps and spaces. I would scuff surfaces that are really smooth and hard, like plastics and resins.
Metal, not so much, unless you have a good flat surface to flat surface , maybe. But if you were to use a combination of screw/rivet fastener with the glue, you may see better results

It dries very hard, not so much brittle, but doesn't flex well.

Don't get it in your fingers!
It won't hurt you, it just won't come off.
You'll have to pretty much have to wear it off your skin if you get it on you, it's that sticky. Only other thing that comes as close is sprayfoam insulation in a can.

I've used it for everything I want stuck together forever, I swear by it

Ps
Many days spent drinking beer in the back yard watching people trying to pick up a couple of dollars in change off the sidewalk with NO results... just cheap fun

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Works well, these guys have been stuck together for a bout 8 months now.

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 7.10.46 PM.png

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the standard Gorilla liquid glue to cement a plastic Streamlight lite box headlight housing. Didn't think it would work but worked well. The stuff does expand so clamp the heck out of it.

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used it to repair a plastic picket fence that a neighborhood brat tore up. Has held up for over three years.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like it.

I used the original it to hook the wood base of an outdoor weatherstation to an iron (painted) flagpole and it held for over five years. Was still hard to remove after a flag-pole catastrophe and I had to replace the pole.

It may not do well with HDPE plastic - like the bottle it come in.

The white version I use frequently with foam R/C models. Works great for that - even the float planes.

If I REALLY need to fix something I use J-B Weld or 30 minute epoxy (or longer).

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
you guys come up with some amusing answers. cant clamp it. too hard of an area to sand it. its a real tight area to get too. but for sure its hard plastic. if anybody cares why the problem is ? the transmission solenoid has a wiring harness with 8 wires going to it and a single 8mm bolt through the center holding it down. well sure as s_ _ _ _ with my luck there was a lug melted into the plastic of the recessed area that the bolt screws in to and it broke out of that recessed area with some of the surrounding plastic. and theres dielectric grease in there and probably some trans fluid too. so i thought will i be lucky enuf for this stuff to work. otherwise i might have to get another shift solenoid. and if you're wondering what this is on ???????? second generation dodge grand caravan with the 4sp overdrive trans. i need a good luck charm ! swear words are'nt working that good anymore. thanks all-

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i like the your statement at the bottom of your post Charlie ! i dont know whos on my side these days it sure fells like the government isnt. i never felt more like a PEE-ON than i do these days. anybody else ?

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This gorilla glue works great! for plastic like that you need to light sand it to give it something to grip to, just after you sand it wipe it clean with water and it doesnt need to be dry, just apply after you wipe down and it works great!

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Orig...ng-20&linkId=9c7e395d0ce426e2992ebb1e20c92224

Just read a post where its dirty, get this electrical cleaner that will remove the grease and dry on its own, also maybe wrap a little sand paper around the end of a stick and rough up the surface best you can.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-5103-Qui...ng-20&linkId=e8d30a8a787d4742aeb1dfb46accd531

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you can' t fix it with a hammer , it is an electrical problem.
Hard telling on your connection without being there , but if wire connections are good ,a broad plastic or nylon washer might fit under the 8mm bolt.
JB weld will make a bracket or pylon and be a good insulator in a heat or cold environ , but you want room for your hands to make/ work/ shape it.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a "Gorilla Glue" fix. I agree with Charlie...use JB Weld. AND USE THE SPRAY FIRST. JB Weld will work but the surface has to be clean and totally oil free. Spray, wait a couple minutes, wipe or (close eyes) and use an air hose.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used it and found I like Rhino glue even more....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used Rhino to glue the convertible top glass back to the coated vinyl where stitching for glass has dry rotted, it lasted for two years till I sold car. I have used Rhino glue to glue soles of shoes back on for wife and many other applications, it glues anything to anything.

I ordered Rhino glue on line. Rhino Glue - Home

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5. Maybe 6 years ago I went to Atlantic City with my Nephew.

I never lock my Back door.
But Did that weekend because I knew it would be a Long one.
with my vehicle there so people may knock and walk in like normal.

When I got Home the Key wouldn't Work in my door.

so I Grabbed the Handle & Pulled, snapping the Metal & Breaking the Handle off the Door .

I used Gorilla Glue to fix it.

Looks like Hell, Like Something Growing on the door Handle as it Expanded.
People probably hesitate to Grab it :laughing7:
and wonder if I threw up on the handle

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

But it never come off :tongue3:

Top part is Metal Glued to Metal.

DSCF0009 - Copy.JPG

Bottom Metal Glued to Wood

DS.jpg

I prefer PC-7 but

index.jpg

JB Weld is just as Good.

I use PC7 on my Detecting Shoes .
The Sole always Rips off My Left shoe
From Neeling to dig & Pushing myself Back up after

DSCF0002(1).JPG

But It is something I have to Update occasionally due to Cracks.

Gorilla Glue Holds Longer though.
and is water activated.
so moisture makes it expand more and work better.
I just don't want my shoes to look like there are Mushrooms Growing on them
when I walk into the Store.

Last edited:

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second the JB Weld, but there are other 2 part epoxies that will work just as well. Why wouldn't you just buy a new part for your transmission, I would hate to be stranded if it broke again.
If the part can't be found it can probably be made from plastics you have ready for the recycle bin, milk jugs, bucket lids. The HDPE will mold very easily, then can be drilled to the size you need, or if you know someone with a lathe wood or metal he can turn it to n exact fit.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can anybody tell me i've heard that this stuff works great but how great ? i want to know if this stuff will adhere to hard plastic ? how about aluminum ? anybody have experience with this ? thanks-

It expands very much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread