Gorilla glue
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Gorilla glue

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2140 times

Gorilla glue

can anybody tell me i've heard that this stuff works great but how great ? i want to know if this stuff will adhere to hard plastic ? how about aluminum ? anybody have experience with this ? thanks-
    jeff of pa likes this.

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
    2347 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That is the Brand name, they make many different glues, epoxies, and cements.

ca
    Oct 2009
    East Dirtyville
    2345 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Yes, it works

It is an expanding glue, so it penetrates porous surfaces and will fill all gaps and spaces. I would scuff surfaces that are really smooth and hard, like plastics and resins.
    Metal, not so much, unless you have a good flat surface to flat surface , maybe. But if you were to use a combination of screw/rivet fastener with the glue, you may see better results

It dries very hard, not so much brittle, but doesn't flex well.

Don't get it in your fingers!
    It won't hurt you, it just won't come off.
    You'll have to pretty much have to wear it off your skin if you get it on you, it's that sticky. Only other thing that comes as close is sprayfoam insulation in a can.

I've used it for everything I want stuck together forever, I swear by it

Ps
    Many days spent drinking beer in the back yard watching people trying to pick up a couple of dollars in change off the sidewalk with NO results... just cheap fun
    ...if you think I'm a pain in the neck, it's lower, lower,little bit lower, too low, higher, there ya go.....

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8363 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Works well, these guys have been stuck together for a bout 8 months now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 7.10.46 PM.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	1421749
    Limitool, KirkS, DannyB. and 7 others like this.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

Feb 2008
    Cape Coral FL
    Tiger Shark, Whites Duel Field pi
    147 times
    I have used thier 5 minute epoxy alot and it works good .
    nomad 11 likes this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
    Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3). Detecting since 1972.
    760 times
    I used the standard Gorilla liquid glue to cement a plastic Streamlight lite box headlight housing. Didn't think it would work but worked well. The stuff does expand so clamp the heck out of it.
    nomad 11 likes this.

us
    Feb 2016
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
    913 times
    I used it to repair a plastic picket fence that a neighborhood brat tore up. Has held up for over three years.
    nomad 11 likes this.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11844 times
    Metal Detecting
    I like it.

I used the original it to hook the wood base of an outdoor weatherstation to an iron (painted) flagpole and it held for over five years. Was still hard to remove after a flag-pole catastrophe and I had to replace the pole.

It may not do well with HDPE plastic - like the bottle it come in.

The white version I use frequently with foam R/C models. Works great for that - even the float planes.

If I REALLY need to fix something I use J-B Weld or 30 minute epoxy (or longer).
    nomad 11 likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    2140 times
    you guys come up with some amusing answers. cant clamp it. too hard of an area to sand it. its a real tight area to get too. but for sure its hard plastic. if anybody cares why the problem is ? the transmission solenoid has a wiring harness with 8 wires going to it and a single 8mm bolt through the center holding it down. well sure as s_ _ _ _ with my luck there was a lug melted into the plastic of the recessed area that the bolt screws in to and it broke out of that recessed area with some of the surrounding plastic. and theres dielectric grease in there and probably some trans fluid too. so i thought will i be lucky enuf for this stuff to work. otherwise i might have to get another shift solenoid. and if you're wondering what this is on ?? second generation dodge grand caravan with the 4sp overdrive trans. i need a good luck charm ! swear words are'nt working that good anymore. thanks all-
    Tnmountains likes this.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    2140 times
    i like the your statement at the bottom of your post Charlie ! i dont know whos on my side these days it sure fells like the government isnt. i never felt more like a PEE-ON than i do these days. anybody else ?
    releventchair likes this.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11844 times
    Metal Detecting
    Definitely J-B Weld.

AlienLifeForm likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Dec 2015
    SF Bay Area
    133 times
    This gorilla glue works great! for plastic like that you need to light sand it to give it something to grip to, just after you sand it wipe it clean with water and it doesnt need to be dry, just apply after you wipe down and it works great!

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Origi...2ebb1e20c92224

Just read a post where its dirty, get this electrical cleaner that will remove the grease and dry on its own, also maybe wrap a little sand paper around the end of a stick and rough up the surface best you can.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-5103-Quic...b1dfb46accd531
    Last edited by cache finder; Mar 03, 2017 at 02:29 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    19488 times
    If you can' t fix it with a hammer , it is an electrical problem.
    Hard telling on your connection without being there , but if wire connections are good ,a broad plastic or nylon washer might fit under the 8mm bolt.
    JB weld will make a bracket or pylon and be a good insulator in a heat or cold environ , but you want room for your hands to make/ work/ shape it.
    Last edited by releventchair; Mar 03, 2017 at 04:15 PM.

us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    6271 times
    Metal Detecting
    Not a "Gorilla Glue" fix. I agree with Charlie...use JB Weld. AND USE THE SPRAY FIRST. JB Weld will work but the surface has to be clean and totally oil free. Spray, wait a couple minutes, wipe or (close eyes) and use an air hose.
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30009 times
    I have used it and found I like Rhino glue even more....
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links