My new to me " used" ATPRO! Is it an okay deal?

cajamk

Jan 5, 2017
Northern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am rather new to detecting and have the Garrett Ace 400 which is one step down from the AT Pro. I found my machine to be VERY user friendly. I have only been pulling clad at my first permission which is where I work. But at least I am getting something at this point. Now I am working on my pinpointing skills. And you are correct the Garrett Pinpointer is a lifesaver. In my opinion Garrett makes a great product. Within the next year I will have a AT Pro. Enjoy your new machine. Yes, you got a good deal! From looking around on the internet just a used Pro with stock headphones start at $400 and up most of the time.

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far it's been working great! Loving the unit a bit heavy compared to my F70 but it's waterproof [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft:It is heavy Take breaks and Do not push it to Much took a week of last year And Got Hurt Inflamed joints and Such But it was Fun

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using my F70 more due to it's super light. When it's raining I use the pro. I'm glad I have two!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that each persons perception of weight and strength is different, but I'm always surprised when I hear people saying that this detector is heavy?

I've dislocated my shoulder twice in the past, and have long past the spring chicken age, and I don't find this machine heavy at all?

Granted the first time I got the machine I did a weekend hunt where I easily put in 20 hours of detecting, and will admit that I thought my arm was going to fall off later that week, but ever since then it's been fine?

Do you use the arm cuff or do you just lay your arm in there?

I ask because I've never used the arm cuff, but I've heard told it helps take some of the weight off?

I think you need to do some beer arm exercises, and then maybe it wont seem so heavy. LOL.......

Now get back out there and find something!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread