SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a call yesterday around 3PM from a friend who said his son's wife lost her wedding ring while picking up tree limbs from the wind storm we had here in Michigan last week. We got to their house around 4PM and asked where she had been in the yard. Temperature was 27F which didn't help. Searched the entire area without locating the ring.

I figured there was a good possibility her ring could have came off in the fire pit where she tossed the limbs. Luckily they didn't burn the pile. We removed all the limbs and I scanned the ash pile. Unfortunately there's a ton of metal there from all the previous fires so no luck finding the ring. Stopped around 6PM but didn't give up yet.

We will go back today and I'm going to suggest we sift the entire fire pit ash pile. Hope that's where the ring is. Will report back later with hopefully successful results!

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your general area? Maybe I could help

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd sift the ashes before I went back to swinging the coil.

OP
OP
SD51

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mifarmer, just saw your message now. Just got back from looking for the ring. I'm in Livingston county just east of you. Thanks for the offer to help! Will keep you in-mind in the future!

Loco-Digger, you are dead-on! Here's some good news...

I met my friend this morning at his son's house and brought my sifter with. The three of us went over to the fire pit and start pulling the obvious metal pieces out of the pit and realized we won't be able to sift the ashes because they are frozen. My friend's son says his wife dropped the branches into the pit from just one side of the pit so my friend looks down and there's the ring! Everybody's happy especially his wife! The plan worked and now I have permission to hunt the yard of a 100+ year old home. I told them yesterday that when I was detecting, I was getting dime and quarter signals down 4 to 6 inches. I smell silver!

Here's a pic of the ring!!!

Wedding Ring.jpg

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job SD!

Top Member Reactions