My Chickens....the shock...the blood....

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WE love our chickens. lay big pretty brown eggs. Did have a chicken snake kill one of our Road Island Reds. Six foot snake at that.

IMG_20160526_064914617.jpg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
One year, I planted oat hay, and the down side of that hay was every bale had a mouse nest under it. When it came time to feed the cows, I'd load the hay into my truck. Every bale I picked up had a dog, a cat, and half dozen chickens right there waiting. When I'd pick up the bale, mice would be running everywhere, and dog, cat and chickens would a big mixed up scramble, going as fast as they could, chasing down mice in every direction. The chickens would peck the mouse and kill it, then choke down the entire mouse, head first.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I still remember, I think I was 5 years old and had just gotten my vaccination for school.

I was out in the backyard and the chickens were running loose. One of them danged birds bit my vaccination! So went back in the house hollering.

Danged birds left me bleeding!

They'd be man eaters if they were bigger, I figure they're related to TRex!

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I throw my girls a fresh mouse everytime I catch one. Sometimes they ignore it but most times they fight over it. I think chickens are jealous of one another. One will have no interest, until another looks at the morsel, then they fight over it.
I've also thrown a skinned raccoon into the coop. About a week later it's a skeleton. Good protein for them.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I let mine eat their eggs now, I just bought them a new chicken house and can't let them out without me being right there (and preferably armed) as EVERYTHING likes chicken. Have seen the following try to get them: raccoons, bald eagle, bobcat, mountain lion (a stupid one), and funnies of all was the red tailed hawk that crashed into the side of my house while going after the girls. It wasn't hurt, but got up in a tree and cursed me out real good after that!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
they say that chickens and other birds are dino related kinfolks ..watching the chased down a mouse --must be valsoraptors

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions