Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I did a quick research break, with the help of some 170 year old maps, and google earth overlay, I found 4 more very old homestead sites. I am going to check some out when the snow clears. First time I am trying old homesteads, I normally do guesswork and go to woods that look like they may have stuff. I like knowing rock solid facts before hand now, research is fun. I also have the abandoned road which has a couple colonial homesteads along it. Everyone homestead I found is in the woods on public land, though I will do more research to be sure. I am going to have a busy spring.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding.gif
Looking forward to seeing your finds coinman!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck to you Coinman on your new Old Homestead Sites. Here's hoping you find some cool stuff and artifacts.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woo Hoo! Looks like your early spring swing card is booked! Good way to start off the new spring, what at least six properties and roads to check? GL HH :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm gonna try and find more, I will update you if I find more. I am going to make a list in order of which to detect first (abandoned road with houses first).

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I found another abandoned road with a house next to it. Public road, but entrance (which has a sign saying, "Pick up after your dog", and other hiker signs), is right next house, like touching their front yard almost. How could I get in without invading on the house?

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe detect down the side opposite their property until you get past the yard then do both sides. Any way to see how far the yard for the house goes along the yard? Who knows, you might get someone's​ attention enough to come check out what you're doing and maybe even strike up a conversation with some info on the rod and lot/lots around them. Just my thoughts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread