Deleting Posts And Threads Because Your Mad And Pitching A Tantrum

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know what transpired with Skippy myself and I did enjoy any posts I saw of his, but I disagree about his trying to delete all of his posts no matter what transgressed. That would be a difficult task too for most of us.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deleting all that stuff seems crazy to me when you can unsub in a minute or less. I have seen where people think that anything they posted was like gold , and acted like deleting it was slapping somebody in the face. People do lots of silly things for silly reasons ! I don't know Skippy but good luck to ya !!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only use imogis for one thing, and thats for what I consider to be sensless arguing. And this is the imogi I use. :happy1::pain10: just lets people know that im entertained watching there train derail. Although it is sad to see it can be entertaining and I hate to admit sometimes funny. Ever notice how the argumentative threads tend to get a lot of hits??

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel directly and unintentionally responsible.

I had my wife read the threads and she just shook her head, patted me on the shoulder and said, "Nice call, Col. Jessep".

Huh? Googling...

Colonel_Nathan_R._Jessup.jpg

Nobody has accused me of being sensitive, and I'm not sorry for my truthfulness, nor my opinions, and I certainly do not wish to bully anyone but bullies. I was 100% on his side in his last problem thread and as far as I was aware there was never a problem prior. I've certainly enjoyed watching the guy bag jewelry!

I read his suicide note and was all, WTF?! Apparently I struck a nerve.

It didn't have to end up like this. We could have discussed it like men, but I was unaware.

I truly regret the unintended outcome here today.

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay food for thought. I've been a member of several forums - coins, shooting, bikes, predator hunting and others. The single largest issue I've seen that creates the most discourse are those members who think that are "the smartest" on the forums and their beliefs should be honored by everyone out in forum land. I am a member of one forum that if you ask a question - "common question" - that had been asked generally by all new members coming into the forum would berate them for asking the question and not using the "search function". This guy had lots of knowledge - no doubt - but his belief of how important he was second to none. He finally got booted.

The second issue that can damage the "friendly" forum are people who respond to a poster making them feel stupid or that they should know better or puts them down. Why this is done who knows. Many people out here don't have the knowledge of others - so take that into account.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, never personally saw a rule against deleting a post or posts. Some might also say some are a little over zeolus at their volunteer positions. Not saying doing one thing or another isn't childish but so are the kneejerk reactions that follow

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I must have missed what ever it was that caused all of this, kind of glad I did. So-- What ever it was, I probably should not even add anything, although this might fit into this overall, something I always remind myself of, or try to, and that is, " It's not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it." It can make a difference in any discussion. I think anytime a debate turns into a argument, everybody ends up losing. It's not easy, but it happens. Enough from me.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I missed all the drama...
So long Skippy, you were always a gentleman and friend to me. I wish you the best, hope you return someday...
Your friend, Dave

Ditto for me. I always found Skippy's posts informative and enjoyable. I'll miss his input.
HH
dts

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Loved that show as a kid and https://archive.org/web/ is proof the guys running the net did too!

A friend of mine had a cabin with a different kind of "way back machine". They had installed a toilet in the loft and you could sit on it fine, but if you needed to stand, you had to lean "way back". The funny thing about it was that there was also a skylight in that part of the roof. They should have just put the toilet under that so you could stand in front of it. Of course, if you did that, you could also wave at the people in the back yard who would know what you were doing.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Here a month plus ago I freaked out. I was all over the place for a day. I'd been ko'd at a park, never saw it coming, and it really turned my emotions upside down for a day. I really did freak out.

I went back through twice deleting some of the very nasty statements I'd made with no right to make those accusations. I'd gone nutz for a few hours.

It happened to me. It happens to any of us, it happened to Skippy.

If you're out there my friend, why don't you come on home. Understand sometimes we're more "affected" than others might imagine.

You have friends here. A whole lot of us look forward to your return. I didn't witness what freaked you out. Talk to TH, make a personal peace here, and we want you to come on back, period.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We ban when a member starts wholesale deleting of their posts and threads.

If certain members have issue with moderation take it up via pm with mods per our rules, NOT IN OPEN FORUM.

Warning, attacking the moderation of forum violates our rules as does insulting mods.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The things we've seen here......

Our moderators are top of the line, good and very intelligent members.

Well, let me think about Jeff :)

Oh, he's so overwhelmed with snow, we may not see him till Spring!

And then there is TH.....

Good gracious, can you imagine what he has on his plate?

Me, my plate? Had too much Mayonnaise for that sandwich!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I missed the hulaballoo too
as far as a time for editing threads, I hope it doesn't happen.
I have come back a day or two later and changed something stupid I said.
it's sooo easy to say something dumb on the internet

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Look, Jeff had an epiphany!:tongue3:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seen this a number of times over the years. Some people just don't belong on a public forum. They become too emotionally invested. The forum becomes a big part of their life. They can't handle it when members of their online extended family disagree with them. They create their own drama and don't know how to deal with it. Sooner or later it all ends in a tearful goodbye post. Usually comes as no surprise when it happens.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

His final post was about his perceived mistreatment by members, why he felt it was time to move on.

He made a few good points about forums in general, and parted with a nice "wish you well" message to all.

I'm knew around here and don't know many members, and aside from him deleting all of his posts I kind of feel bad for him.

It sounds like he was a pretty decent guy who had a lot to offer to this type of hobbyists forum.

If anybody want to know more about his message they can PM me.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look, Jeff had an epiphany!:tongue3:

is that the deal ( as happened to my first wife) when the doctor takes a pair of tin snips and cuts the opening to make more room for the baby to come out?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi final post was about his perceived mistreatment by members, why he felt it was time to move on.

He made a few good points about forums in general, and parted with a nice "wish you well" message to all.

I'm knew around here and don't know many members, and aside from him deleting all of his posts I kind of feel bad for him.

It sounds like he was a pretty decent guy who had a lot to offer to this type of hobbyists forum.

If anybody want to know more about his message they can PM me.
It was also an attack on the forum and moderation which violates our rules and is why it was deleted. It is still there, mods can read it, it just isn't available to be read by members.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions