Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2020
METAIRIE
Detector(s) used
GARRETTE AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY TRUTH !
CITY PARK IS REALLY LOADED WITH HISTORY. ESPECIALLY ALONE THE BAYOU. I RETIRE 4 YEARS AGO & WANT TO GET BACK INTO DETECTING. ALWAYS LOVE IT & HISTORY. BUT NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO REALLY GET INTO IT DUE TO MY JOB I HAD.NOW I WANT TO. TRIED TO MAKE FRIENDS HERE LOCAL TO GO DETECTING. BUT NO TAKERS. GUESS HAVE TO GO BY ONE SELF.... ABOUT CITY PARK. AT THE WALGREEN DRUG STORE. THE SELL A BOOK I FIND LITTLE EXPENSIVE,$22.BUT THE INFO ON THE PARK IS REALLY GREAT ! ITS CALLED: IMAGES OF AMERICA,NEW ORLEANS CITY PARK. YES THEY SAY YOU NOT SUPPOSE TO DETECT THE PARK. BUT I NEVER SEEN ANY ONE SAY SOMETHING. THERES ALWAYS SOMEONE DETECTING THERE & OUT IN THE OPEN. MAYBE ONE DAY WE CAN GET TOGETHER & OVER LOOK THE PARK FOR A SPOT. THEN TAKE A DAY TO DETECT IT. HAVE A GOOD DAY. TAKE CARE... STEVE E-MAIL : [email protected]

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HEY TRUTH !
CITY PARK IS REALLY LOADED WITH HISTORY. ESPECIALLY ALONE THE BAYOU. I RETIRE 4 YEARS AGO & WANT TO GET BACK INTO DETECTING. ALWAYS LOVE IT & HISTORY. BUT NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO REALLY GET INTO IT DUE TO MY JOB I HAD.NOW I WANT TO. TRIED TO MAKE FRIENDS HERE LOCAL TO GO DETECTING. BUT NO TAKERS. GUESS HAVE TO GO BY ONE SELF.... ABOUT CITY PARK. AT THE WALGREEN DRUG STORE. THE SELL A BOOK I FIND LITTLE EXPENSIVE,$22.BUT THE INFO ON THE PARK IS REALLY GREAT ! ITS CALLED: IMAGES OF AMERICA,NEW ORLEANS CITY PARK. YES THEY SAY YOU NOT SUPPOSE TO DETECT THE PARK. BUT I NEVER SEEN ANY ONE SAY SOMETHING. THERES ALWAYS SOMEONE DETECTING THERE & OUT IN THE OPEN. MAYBE ONE DAY WE CAN GET TOGETHER & OVER LOOK THE PARK FOR A SPOT. THEN TAKE A DAY TO DETECT IT. HAVE A GOOD DAY. TAKE CARE... STEVE E-MAIL : [email protected]

Well you got a friend right here I’ll give you my phone number in a PM I got to get with you I can share some of my spots where I found over 35 dropped three ringers The 64 cal’s are beautiful.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yep back in the day, early 80s since katrina and the rework
prob some real goodies now

Is metal detecting allowed in City Park?

Yes. Please note that any treasures found on City Park grounds are
technically the property of the State of Louisiana.
- See more at:
Frequently Asked Questions | New Orleans City Park

They change the rules there is no metal detecting in city park and I hate to say this and I’m embarrassed to say it but I think it has something to do with me I found a spot 20‘ x 30‘ and I was getting dropped three ringers all over the place. The problem was when I was doing it the soil broke up I haven’t went in about a year so I’d be more than happy to go back in there. I just couldn’t leave those three wranglers alone every one of them will drop 64 cals beautiful

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions