Metal Detecting
OP
OP
B

BROTHER SCHONNO

Feb 17, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Detector(s) used
FISCHER M-SCOPE, AQUANAUT 1280X, GARRET 2500 + EAGLE EYE.
MAGNOMETERS OF SESIUN STEAM AND PROTONS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DEAR SIR:
Both are still there and the coins at the beach too. Rgds, mario

OP
OP
B

BROTHER SCHONNO

Feb 17, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
DEAR TOM:
Once in 38° south, Mocha Island, we put a "Target" in our Side Scan Somar
(ACHIEVED WITH REMOTE DETECCION TECHNIQUE)
and when we was near, following the route arrow, THE WRECK BEGAN TO APPEAR IN THE SCREEN...
In the 60's. a satellite could photograph a golf ball from the space...
today, find a submarine at 600 meteres deep, is a children's game, for them...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
DEAR SIR:
Both are still there and the coins at the beach too. Rgds, mario

I have read and re-read your post #20. Trying to determine, if you are in the research phase, or have actually found "treasure ". Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears you have only found wooden planks that you think are a treasure ship.

I've got news for you : buried wood around the seashore and Sand Dunes is a dime a dozen. Could be an old wooden pathway, etc... and to the extent it could be boat remnants consider the following sobering news:

I've hunted beach erosion now for over 35 yrs. And have been fortunate enough to be on beaches severely eroded. And it is not uncommon to see Planks/wood as a result of old beached boats. That are nothing more than old fishing vessels, pleasure vessels, industrial commercial boats, etc. .. With no treasure at all. Or can just be old Pier pilings or planks from old forgotten Docks, etc.....

So champ is right in his skepticism. This is another case of someone in the research phase , who is convinced he's found a fabulous treasure. If you brought up some tangible evidence, that would be another thing entirely. Otherwise, wood on the beach, even at crazy depths, is a dime a dozen.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
As for your legal woes, consider the following humorous but sad story:

Some chap in Florida years ago was detecting the sand dunes at some beach. He got a deep signal, Dug many feet down, and struck wooden planks (I guess with fastenings). The man thought he had found the next Atocha buried wreck. But it was too deep and too big to excavate by hand. He figured he'd need heavy equipment.

So he took his tale of fabulous riches to the florida government. To inquire about a treasure split with them, and getting heavy equipment onto the beach. This "pressing issue" found its way up the bureaucratic chain . Until it landed on an archaeologist's desk. And the only thing it ended up doing, was raised questions of " what are these yahoos with metal detectors doing on our beaches?" Not only were they not going to split anything, (they probably didn't even believe him) they also wondered who the heck he was digging pits on the beach for archaeological resources in the first place !

The sad part is, the wood he hit was probably nothing more than Beach junk, or an old wooden pathway, or who knows. And all it did was end up swatting hornets nests for the subject of metal detecting.

So the fact of bureaucratic resistance, does not offer any added proof of existence of treasures.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEAR TOM:
Once in 38° south, Mocha Island, we put a "Target" in our Side Scan Somar
(ACHIEVED WITH REMOTE DETECCION TECHNIQUE)
and when we was near, following the route arrow, THE WRECK BEGAN TO APPEAR IN THE SCREEN...
In the 60's. a satellite could photograph a golf ball from the space...
today, find a submarine at 600 meteres deep, is a children's game, for them...

I got some sobering news for you: "wrecks that appear on screens" and "side scan sonar" hits, are a dime a dozen. Do you have any idea how much metal debris and sunken boats exist at the bottom of the ocean ?

And BTW, just curious: What is this "remote detection" technique that you speak of ?

OP
OP
B

BROTHER SCHONNO

Feb 17, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
KIRK:
Sending you a private message. Thanks. mario

OP
OP
B

BROTHER SCHONNO

Feb 17, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
DEAR SIR : I never talk about WOOD, ok? The ORIFLAME project support my expertise, I'm not a rookie. They call me doctor in 3 countries.
With "Tangible evidence" I would go where an experienced rescue company.
How many galleons had you discovered? Rgds, MARIO

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, Tom. He thinks he has found at least 2 separate Florida treasures. One offshore and one on the beach. If I am reading this wrong, please correct and enlighten me BRO.
Maybe some links to news stories of your prior adventures would add to your credibility. Or even some pics/scans of remaining legal documents that you have on hand from your troubles.

edited to add the word FLORIDA

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
His post #20 says he reached/touched wooden planks. Was just going by what was written.

filthylucre59

Nov 15, 2014
daytona beach
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark,whites dual field,whites mx sport
Primary Interest:
Brother Schonno;You can go anywhere at most public beaches.Some,but very few are small private beaches and in the treasure coast area there are restrictions as to water hunting due to people holding leases to hunt treasure.Some beaches do not allow you to hunt at night for your own safety like Miami Beach because it can be downright dangerous at night.Big city beaches are to be avoided at night for any activity.But other than that no problem.You don't need permits and you keep what you find,just put it in your pocket.Of course it's always nice to help someone that lost a ring or cell phone.And do fill in any holes...unlike the tourists who'll dig a %$#n hole 4 feet deep and leave it there for me to fall in at night.Here in Daytona I can hunt during a full moon at night safely except for these ^%$#n holes.I've been thinking of moving out west to Arizona to do some gold prospecting at night during a full moon...probably safer.

OP
OP
B

BROTHER SCHONNO

Feb 17, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
TOM.
Yes at the Oriflama, "Nuestra Señora del Buen Consejo y San Leopoldo", 36° 5' South, we get wood. In the first excavation We get also pieces of glass, gunpowder, peppercorns, knife handles, paper, etc. This samples coincide with the details in the cargo manifest. (Bill of landing).
Who knows also abouth the Oriflame is SIR Robert MARX, He traveled from USA to CHILE on 1999 for talk with ME and our Archaeologist Senior Mister JERRY MELBYE, author of the Oriflama Project. They understand a PIT of this.

filthylucre59

Nov 15, 2014
daytona beach
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark,whites dual field,whites mx sport
Primary Interest:
One more thing...this treasure hunting can be very rewarding to the persistent individual and really the best policy is to keep ones mouth shut when something valuable is found.When I see people show a photograph of a fistfull of gold coins in the news I find it interesting but at the same time honestly,I for one don't need the competition.I was at a favorite beach last year on a calm day and counted more than 20 people in the water with their metal detectors...in a 9 block stretch of beach and that's not counting those hunting the dry sand.Loose lips sink ships.......keep clam.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brother SCHONNO, curious how "paper" survives underwater, or under 9 meters of sand for centuries.

OP
OP
B

BROTHER SCHONNO

Feb 17, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dear Sir:
The analisis in Texas University lab said = Paper, Wood of SPRUCE of France cutted in 1743. You know more than them?
The pepper had FLAVOR!! It is in an area without OXYGEN, nine meters below the sand of the beach.
Can you understand that?
Good bye Sir, because I do not want waste your precius time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions