General Pet Peeves

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1. People who cannot park within the lines.

Probably could not color within the lines as a kid either.

I had someone do that to me at a gas station, I came outside and they had parked a good 18" over the line, to the point I could not even get into my car, so I opened the door into their car and shouted "OOPS" real loudly.

I am generally forgiving to the elderly who do that, but this was some piece of work who was in too big of hurry to buy their swishers and colt 45.

2. People who tailgate me when I'm already going past the speed limit. Generally when I'm passing a semi. Usually a quick tap of the brakes sets them back. I never actually apply the brakes, just turn the lights on for a brief second.

Highly dangerous to tailgate, and in my state, if you rear-end someone, it's automatically your fault!

3. Semi trailers who do not move over when entering an interstate. I've had some very close calls with death due to this.

4. People who don't get an on-ramp is called an ACCELERATION RAMP. They go 20 miles an hour on the ramp, then floor it on the interstate. You are supposed to be going the speed of the highway or freeway when leaving the ramp.

5. People who once they get done checking out in a line, continue to stand there and have a little chat with the clerk, even when they notice people are waiting behind them.

6. When you are looking at something in a store, and someone gets in front of you, on purpose, to look at it. I usually say really loudly "Oh! I am SO SO Sorry for being in your way!"

7. People who are addicted to lottery tickets. I tell them they would make better returns putting that $20 into the stock market. Almost always met with blank stares.

Usually the lotto-addicts are #5's, and the worst ones will stand there and scratch them, then proceed to turn them in, without getting in line again, when there is already 5 people waiting.

I could go on forever, but I have an outlook on the general populace akin to George Carlin.

A lot of people are extremely rude, unintelligent, manner lacking, selfish wastes of carbon, that would sell their grandmother's soul for a road map of Antarctica.

I worked in retail nearly 5 years. The stories I could tell...

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet another OP in "Today' s Finds" who titles the thread " I had a "reale" great day"

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
People who lack patience, are always in rush and think the world revolves around them.

Attachments

• 723f8c54fd0b2410ea7409767e357875.jpg
    723f8c54fd0b2410ea7409767e357875.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People that stop while walking directly in front of you causing you to almost run into them.

People that do not use turn signals.

People that yell and are loud in a bar.

people that hit the brakes over and over.

People that stop five car lengths... err or even 3 away from the car in front of them OR stoplight etc.

People that have to "back in" to parking spots.

people that talk to you WHILE your talking on a phone or in general.

people tha... BAH.

I could do this all day long...

IN FACT... truth be known... the more people I meet...

The more I love my dogs :)

:P

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The people who stand in front of you in the very long, very slow fast food line and when they finally get to the front counter take forever to order because they are finally looking at the menu and can't figure out what they want.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1. People who cannot park within the lines.

Probably could not color within the lines as a kid either.

I had someone do that to me at a gas station, I came outside and they had parked a good 18" over the line, to the point I could not even get into my car, so I opened the door into their car and shouted "OOPS" real loudly.

I am generally forgiving to the elderly who do that, but this was some piece of work who was in too big of hurry to buy their swishers and colt 45.

2. People who tailgate me when I'm already going past the speed limit. Generally when I'm passing a semi. Usually a quick tap of the brakes sets them back. I never actually apply the brakes, just turn the lights on for a brief second.

Highly dangerous to tailgate, and in my state, if you rear-end someone, it's automatically your fault!

3. Semi trailers who do not move over when entering an interstate. I've had some very close calls with death due to this.

4. People who don't get an on-ramp is called an ACCELERATION RAMP. They go 20 miles an hour on the ramp, then floor it on the interstate. You are supposed to be going the speed of the highway or freeway when leaving the ramp.

5. People who once they get done checking out in a line, continue to stand there and have a little chat with the clerk, even when they notice people are waiting behind them.

6. When you are looking at something in a store, and someone gets in front of you, on purpose, to look at it. I usually say really loudly "Oh! I am SO SO Sorry for being in your way!"

7. People who are addicted to lottery tickets. I tell them they would make better returns putting that $20 into the stock market. Almost always met with blank stares.

Usually the lotto-addicts are #5's, and the worst ones will stand there and scratch them, then proceed to turn them in, without getting in line again, when there is already 5 people waiting.

I could go on forever, but I have an outlook on the general populace akin to George Carlin.

A lot of people are extremely rude, unintelligent, manner lacking, selfish wastes of carbon, that would sell their grandmother's soul for a road map of Antarctica.

I worked in retail nearly 5 years. The stories I could tell...

get back to us later when you have your full list

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Well i drove semis for 40 years and still drive part time now and then. And i never move over for a 4 wheeler you can stop and maneuver a lot faster and easier than i can .. And i still will not move over for a 4 wheeler.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IN FACT... truth be known... the more people I meet...

The more I love my dogs :)

:P

Hoss, truer words have never been spoken! (in my world!!)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, one more.... People that leave a square 1/4" of tp on the roll. Guess they figure they didn't use it all up!
Had a roommate that used to do that! Guess he figured if there was one square left it didn't need to be changed. Fixed that right quick! Brought some fiberglass home from work, cut it up into powder and sprinkled it on the last foot or two and rolled it up. Warned the other roommate After watching him do the itchy dance a few times, he decided he was gonna use his own roll.

On a side note. An ex had all the signs of cheating. Couldn't catch her in the act so made some fiberglass powder and dusted the crotch of her panties. She started itching & lo & behold one of the guys at work ended up going to the doc for itching down there. Kept it up for a week or two and found out she had been to the doc five times!!!! You guessed it! Filed and the judge nearly fell on the floor when I presented my evidence.

Other pet peeves? The idiots who have to stand at the register flipping through their phones for the coupons while the line behind them is building to the back of the store.

The idiots who sit at the light tapping way on the phone. I think I fixed that though! Put an air horn from a semi under the grill! :laughing7:
The idiots that waddle along in the crosswalk looking around to see if anyone is getting annoyed. Same solution as above.

The idiot sitting next to you almost screaming into their phone. I start answering them.
Idiot cashiers that ask you if you want a bag when you buy 10 or 12 items. Hello!!!!!!

I'll post the other 250 in the next post. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a roommate that used to do that! Guess he figured if there was one square left it didn't need to be changed. Fixed that right quick! Brought some fiberglass home from work, cut it up into powder and sprinkled it on the last foot or two and rolled it up. Warned the other roommate After watching him do the itchy dance a few times, he decided he was gonna use his own roll.

On a side note. An ex had all the signs of cheating. Couldn't catch her in the act so made some fiberglass powder and dusted the crotch of her panties. She started itching & lo & behold one of the guys at work ended up going to the doc for itching down there. Kept it up for a week or two and found out she had been to the doc five times!!!! You guessed it! Filed and the judge nearly fell on the floor when I presented my evidence.

Other pet peeves? The idiots who have to stand at the register flipping through their phones for the coupons while the line behind them is building to the back of the store.

The idiots who sit at the light tapping way on the phone. I think I fixed that though! Put an air horn from a semi under the grill! :laughing7:
The idiots that waddle along in the crosswalk looking around to see if anyone is getting annoyed. Same solution as above.

The idiot sitting next to you almost screaming into their phone. I start answering them.
Idiot cashiers that ask you if you want a bag when you buy 10 or 12 items. Hello!!!!!!

Oh my goodness! That is priceless! Good for you.

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bought prophylactics at a local pharmacy, cashier asked if I wanted a bag, I said "no, she isn't that ugly".

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, one more.... People that leave a square 1/4" of tp on the roll. Guess they figure they didn't use it all up!

Well at least they left you enough to clean under your finger nail. :tongue3:

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Women who do up the top buttons on their shirts, damn I hate that!! :tongue3:

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. When you walk int the bathroom and some decided to let the yellow mellow.

2. When your driving and someone's hitting the breaks at the top of every hill and there only going 40mph.

3. People who don't mow there lawn.

4. It's already been said but I HATE when people stop walking in front of me and stand there.

5. When someone decides to throw and entire McDonalds bag and all of its contents out there window and it explodes all over my lawn, every spring after the snow melt I haul 1-2 gator loads of trash to my dumpster from my lawn/field that boarders the road. I don't mind beer cans because at least your giving me money.

6. People that live in the country that piss and moan about the smell of cows, the sound of equipment after dark and stuff driving on the road that's not a minivan.

7. People that complain about another person being a Christian, or anyone who uses the term " bible thumper "

8. People that can't work but can do drugs and make babies that I have to give my hard earned money to.
My theory is if you don't work you don't eat.

I know I'm forgetting a lot but I've had a long weekend and I haven't had my coffee this morning

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh!
9.When people talk way to close to you and you take a step back and they take two more steps towards you.

10. When people complain about how someone has a bunch of "likes" but they don't push the like button on other people's posts. Who cares?

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People that eat or drink other peoples food. This would happen at work all the time. Someone was taking food and pop cans out of the refrigerators.

One guy put a stop to it by injecting hot sauce into some chocolate covered cherries. The best one was the guy that took a can of root beer and put it on a paint shaker for 5 minutes and put it back in the frig. When the thief opened it, sounded like a volcano erupting! Everyone finally found out then who the thief was.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought prophylactics at a local pharmacy, cashier asked if I wanted a bag, I said "no, she isn't that ugly".
I do this all the time except I respond "No thanks I just divorced one!" One out of at least 25 will just stand there with a blank look trying to comprehend. It's priceless when you're out the door & look back and the blank look is still on their faces. Back when they'd still offer a choice in bags "Paper or plastic?" I'd answer yes. usually this would go at least 5 rounds before they caught on. In ALL the years I did this there was only ONE guy that caught on!!!!! He asked, I said yeah, He put my stuff in a plastic bag, dropped that in a paper bag, told me to have a nice day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions