Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree406Likes

Thread: General Pet Peeves

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    American Patriot

Feb 2017
    Montana
    Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
    101 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post

IN FACT... truth be known... the more people I meet...

The more I love my dogs

:P
    Hoss, truer words have never been spoken! (in my world!!)
    AARC, fish1on and T.C. like this.
    "GET OFF THE PHONE, YOU IDIOT!"... Mark Levin
    "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"... Dr. Michael Savage
    "The Marines have landed, and the situation is well in hand"
    "There's gold in them there hills!" ( 360 degrees from my house)
    Even if a liberal told me to my face that they were lying to me, I still wouldn't believe them.
    "God Bless the USA!" Psalms 144:1 John 3:16

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    1123 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by SD51 View Post
    OK, one more.... People that leave a square 1/4" of tp on the roll. Guess they figure they didn't use it all up!
    Had a roommate that used to do that! Guess he figured if there was one square left it didn't need to be changed. Fixed that right quick! Brought some fiberglass home from work, cut it up into powder and sprinkled it on the last foot or two and rolled it up. Warned the other roommate After watching him do the itchy dance a few times, he decided he was gonna use his own roll.

On a side note. An ex had all the signs of cheating. Couldn't catch her in the act so made some fiberglass powder and dusted the crotch of her panties. She started itching & lo & behold one of the guys at work ended up going to the doc for itching down there. Kept it up for a week or two and found out she had been to the doc five times!!!! You guessed it! Filed and the judge nearly fell on the floor when I presented my evidence.

Other pet peeves? The idiots who have to stand at the register flipping through their phones for the coupons while the line behind them is building to the back of the store.

The idiots who sit at the light tapping way on the phone. I think I fixed that though! Put an air horn from a semi under the grill!
    The idiots that waddle along in the crosswalk looking around to see if anyone is getting annoyed. Same solution as above.

The idiot sitting next to you almost screaming into their phone. I start answering them.
    Idiot cashiers that ask you if you want a bag when you buy 10 or 12 items. Hello!!!!!!

I'll post the other 250 in the next post.
    Hunter101, SD51, kray and 4 others like this.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

us
    Maverick

Feb 2016
    Utah
    Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
    507 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    Had a roommate that used to do that! Guess he figured if there was one square left it didn't need to be changed. Fixed that right quick! Brought some fiberglass home from work, cut it up into powder and sprinkled it on the last foot or two and rolled it up. Warned the other roommate After watching him do the itchy dance a few times, he decided he was gonna use his own roll.

On a side note. An ex had all the signs of cheating. Couldn't catch her in the act so made some fiberglass powder and dusted the crotch of her panties. She started itching & lo & behold one of the guys at work ended up going to the doc for itching down there. Kept it up for a week or two and found out she had been to the doc five times!!!! You guessed it! Filed and the judge nearly fell on the floor when I presented my evidence.

Other pet peeves? The idiots who have to stand at the register flipping through their phones for the coupons while the line behind them is building to the back of the store.

The idiots who sit at the light tapping way on the phone. I think I fixed that though! Put an air horn from a semi under the grill!
    The idiots that waddle along in the crosswalk looking around to see if anyone is getting annoyed. Same solution as above.

The idiot sitting next to you almost screaming into their phone. I start answering them.
    Idiot cashiers that ask you if you want a bag when you buy 10 or 12 items. Hello!!!!!!

Oh my goodness! That is priceless! Good for you.
    It's not what you find that defines you, it's your attitude in doing what you love that show people who you really are.

Mar 2016
    White's XLT
    71 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post

Bought prophylactics at a local pharmacy, cashier asked if I wanted a bag, I said "no, she isn't that ugly".
    FFFPatriot, SD51, Mifarmer and 9 others like this.

ca
    Feb 2017
    Ontario
    AT Pro Garrett Carrot Pro Pointer Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6 Possible CTX 3030 still deciding if it's worth it or not?
    130 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SD51 View Post
    OK, one more.... People that leave a square 1/4" of tp on the roll. Guess they figure they didn't use it all up!
    Well at least they left you enough to clean under your finger nail.
    SD51 likes this.
    Treasure is where you find it, trash is where they left it.

John

ca
    Feb 2017
    Ontario
    AT Pro Garrett Carrot Pro Pointer Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6 Possible CTX 3030 still deciding if it's worth it or not?
    130 times
    Women who do up the top buttons on their shirts, damn I hate that!!
    Treasure is where you find it, trash is where they left it.

John

Jun 2014
    Barry county
    Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
    321 times
    1. When you walk int the bathroom and some decided to let the yellow mellow.

2. When your driving and someone's hitting the breaks at the top of every hill and there only going 40mph.

3. People who don't mow there lawn.

4. It's already been said but I HATE when people stop walking in front of me and stand there.

5. When someone decides to throw and entire McDonalds bag and all of its contents out there window and it explodes all over my lawn, every spring after the snow melt I haul 1-2 gator loads of trash to my dumpster from my lawn/field that boarders the road. I don't mind beer cans because at least your giving me money.

6. People that live in the country that piss and moan about the smell of cows, the sound of equipment after dark and stuff driving on the road that's not a minivan.

7. People that complain about another person being a Christian, or anyone who uses the term " bible thumper "

8. People that can't work but can do drugs and make babies that I have to give my hard earned money to.
    My theory is if you don't work you don't eat.

I know I'm forgetting a lot but I've had a long weekend and I haven't had my coffee this morning

Jun 2014
    Barry county
    321 times
    Oh!
    9.When people talk way to close to you and you take a step back and they take two more steps towards you.

10. When people complain about how someone has a bunch of "likes" but they don't push the like button on other people's posts. Who cares?
    SD51 and Kray Gelder like this.

Aug 2016
    MI
    ETRAC
    458 times
    People that eat or drink other peoples food. This would happen at work all the time. Someone was taking food and pop cans out of the refrigerators.

One guy put a stop to it by injecting hot sauce into some chocolate covered cherries. The best one was the guy that took a can of root beer and put it on a paint shaker for 5 minutes and put it back in the frig. When the thief opened it, sounded like a volcano erupting! Everyone finally found out then who the thief was.
    FFFPatriot, lastleg, T.C. and 2 others like this.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    1123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Detecto View Post
    Bought prophylactics at a local pharmacy, cashier asked if I wanted a bag, I said "no, she isn't that ugly".
    I do this all the time except I respond "No thanks I just divorced one!" One out of at least 25 will just stand there with a blank look trying to comprehend. It's priceless when you're out the door & look back and the blank look is still on their faces. Back when they'd still offer a choice in bags "Paper or plastic?" I'd answer yes. usually this would go at least 5 rounds before they caught on. In ALL the years I did this there was only ONE guy that caught on!!!!! He asked, I said yeah, He put my stuff in a plastic bag, dropped that in a paper bag, told me to have a nice day!
    T.C. likes this.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

us
    Mar 2010
    SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
    E Trac AT Pro Nautilus 11Ba MXT M6 6000 DiPro Omega
    69 times
    Another peeve of mine:
    The idiots that won't clear the snow off of their car roofs. I've had too many close calls with flying sheets of ice.

(Oh, and I s'pose it goes without saying: Donald Trump).
    BigWaveDave, SusanMN and dsdigger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm Hoping

Feb 2017
    S.W. FL
    Tesoro Tiger Shark
    22 times
    The stopping 2 to 5 car lengths from the car in front: you must be from Florida too. I don't understand that one and it does BUG ME. Any one have a good reason for this practice?
    BigWaveDave, T.C. and Kray Gelder like this.

Mar 2016
    White's XLT
    71 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifarmer View Post
    My theory is if you don't work you don't eat.
    Let's test your theory, say I got in a car accident and ended up paralyzed. Then what? Starve?

Here is some food for thought...in 1970, working for minimum wage, one only needed to work about 75 hours to pay the average cost of renting a 1-bedroom apartment.
    Today, one needs to work nearly 150 hours to accomplish the same thing.
    In the time frame of the minimum wage from 1970 to 2015, rent has doubled in price, adjusted for inflation.
    So logically speaking, if someone worked 40 hours per week and took home roughly $1000/mo, after taxes, and spent $700 on rent..
    ...how are they going to afford food, electric, car insurance, etc on the remaining $300 they have left?

It's ironic people even make an argument for food stamps, considering we spend only $75 billion per year on that...
    ..vs nearly $700 BILLION per year on the military industrial complex.

China has nearly 5 times as many people as we do, and yet they spend less than half that.
    So if you want to go for the biggest squander of money in the budget, food stamps is no longer a valid thought.

Read some of the expense reports..$640...for a TOILET SEAT. $436 FOR A HAMMER. Over $4,000 for a COFFEE MAKER. Screws...$37 EACH!!

..oh..and don't forget the $400 BILLION DOLLAR fighter jet that could not fly at night..or during clouds..

The biggest whiners of food stamps, where I live, are farmers, yet they can't put 2 and 2 together and realize these people are buying the FOOD THEY GROW! DUH!
    Last edited by Detecto; Mar 19, 2017 at 04:31 PM.
    coinman123 likes this.

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
    322 times
    Metal Detecting
    If you weren't smart enough to buy car insurance, or have family that loves you, or a church that cares about you, then maybe you are such a human that doesn't need to eat or remain in the gene pool.

Personally, I'm sick of the entitlement culture that thinks the goobermint owes them everything they want from cradle to grave.

((and btw, all those $600 toilet seats and whatnots was one of the ways they buried expenditures for black ops, like the SR-71. only the generally dumb mainstream media found the paperwork and took it literally))
    T.C., mxtman2 and BagLady like this.
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    ========================================
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

Jun 2014
    Barry county
    321 times
    Detect what my comment meant was there are WAY too many people out there that play the system and are just plain lazy, I have a member of my immediate family that works for the state in the assistance department and it is crazy what people get away with. Worse than people who receive money from the state and are always broke but have a new cell phone and smoke/drink. I was brought up if you don't have the money you don't buy it. I remember a time when I was a kid my parents sold our furniture to pay there house payment within a year they sold the house and bought a cheaper one that better suited there budget...

This is something some Americans don't have the brains to do.
    Also the military can spend all they want as long as I'm able to live in a free country.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links