All Treasure Hunting

I'm Hoping

Feb 19, 2017
Ft.Myers, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stopping 2 to 5 car lengths from the car in front: you must be from Florida too. I don't understand that one and it does BUG ME. Any one have a good reason for this practice?

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My theory is if you don't work you don't eat.

Let's test your theory, say I got in a car accident and ended up paralyzed. Then what? Starve?

Here is some food for thought...in 1970, working for minimum wage, one only needed to work about 75 hours to pay the average cost of renting a 1-bedroom apartment.
Today, one needs to work nearly 150 hours to accomplish the same thing.
In the time frame of the minimum wage from 1970 to 2015, rent has doubled in price, adjusted for inflation.
So logically speaking, if someone worked 40 hours per week and took home roughly $1000/mo, after taxes, and spent $700 on rent..
...how are they going to afford food, electric, car insurance, etc on the remaining $300 they have left?

It's ironic people even make an argument for food stamps, considering we spend only $75 billion per year on that...
..vs nearly $700 BILLION per year on the military industrial complex.

China has nearly 5 times as many people as we do, and yet they spend less than half that.
So if you want to go for the biggest squander of money in the budget, food stamps is no longer a valid thought.

Read some of the expense reports..$640...for a TOILET SEAT. $436 FOR A HAMMER. Over $4,000 for a COFFEE MAKER. Screws...$37 EACH!!

..oh..and don't forget the $400 BILLION DOLLAR fighter jet that could not fly at night..or during clouds..

The biggest whiners of food stamps, where I live, are farmers, yet they can't put 2 and 2 together and realize these people are buying the FOOD THEY GROW! DUH!

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you weren't smart enough to buy car insurance, or have family that loves you, or a church that cares about you, then maybe you are such a human that doesn't need to eat or remain in the gene pool.

Personally, I'm sick of the entitlement culture that thinks the goobermint owes them everything they want from cradle to grave.

((and btw, all those $600 toilet seats and whatnots was one of the ways they buried expenditures for black ops, like the SR-71. only the generally dumb mainstream media found the paperwork and took it literally))

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detect what my comment meant was there are WAY too many people out there that play the system and are just plain lazy, I have a member of my immediate family that works for the state in the assistance department and it is crazy what people get away with. Worse than people who receive money from the state and are always broke but have a new cell phone and smoke/drink. I was brought up if you don't have the money you don't buy it. I remember a time when I was a kid my parents sold our furniture to pay there house payment within a year they sold the house and bought a cheaper one that better suited there budget...

This is something some Americans don't have the brains to do.
Also the military can spend all they want as long as I'm able to live in a free country.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1) People who chew with their mouths open
2) People who cough without covering their mouths
3) People who sneeze without covering their face
4) People who smoke right out front of an entrance or exit of a building
5) People who talk on their cell phones in a restaurant
6) People who talk on their cell phones in a checkout line
7) People who talk on their cell phones just about anywhere out in public (excluding open spaces)
8) People who don't say thanks when you open a door or hold a door for them
9) People who don't acknowledge that you've allowed them to merge in front of you in traffic
10) I hate it when I say thanks to somebody, and they reply with "Uh huh"

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Whew! Read through this whole thread! Got some anger hiding here. I hope I don't offend anyone!

I don't like spiders.....

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also don't like it when women don't put the toilet seat up when they are done!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The stopping 2 to 5 car lengths from the car in front: you must be from Florida too. I don't understand that one and it does BUG ME. Any one have a good reason for this practice?

I do that....faithfully....
It's called "leaving yourself an out"....
It is step #4 in the Smith System of driving.
As a CDL driver, it becomes second nature.....

Ok here it is....
1. Aim high in steering
2. Get the big picture
3. Keep your eyes moving
4. Leave yourself an out
5. Make sure they see you

If Smith System was mandatory for all drivers, with a refresher every two years, the number of accidents would be cut by minimum 75%

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hate everyone and all of you. I want to move to another planet where nobody else lives and take my dog and my horse with me.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate everyone and all of you. I want to move to another planet where nobody else lives and take my dog and my horse with me.

Can I have your metal detector then?

I mean if nobody was there, then what's the point of bringing it with you as there will be nothing to find? Hahahaha

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can I have your metal detector then?

I mean if nobody was there, then what's the point of bringing it with you as there will be nothing to find? Hahahaha

Nope. I probably would hate you, as well. There might be some gold on that planet, so I'm taking it with me! (lol j/k!)

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. I probably would hate you, as well. There might be some gold on that planet, so I'm taking it with me! (lol j/k!)

Not offended at all, I actually found that funny. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
K

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The people who stand in front of you in the very long, very slow fast food line and when they finally get to the front counter take forever to order because they are finally looking at the menu and can't figure out what they want.

From the late, great John Pinette:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, here in Minnnesota in winter you don't know that you are going to stop until you try, so you have to give it lots of room for braking and sometimes skidding sideways.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People that eat or drink other peoples food. This would happen at work all the time. Someone was taking food and pop cans out of the refrigerators.

One guy put a stop to it by injecting hot sauce into some chocolate covered cherries. The best one was the guy that took a can of root beer and put it on a paint shaker for 5 minutes and put it back in the frig. When the thief opened it, sounded like a volcano erupting! Everyone finally found out then who the thief was.
We used to carefully unwrap Hershey bars keeping the wrapper. Made molds out of latex from the jewelry supply. Chocolate Ex Lax poured into the mold when cool re-wrapped and placed in a lunch bag with a sandwich made with last weeks cotto salami etc. Syrup of ipicac injected into chocolate covered cherries is quick & effective! Stay out from in front of any suspects for awhile. This stuff takes projectile vomiting to a whole new level! :laughing7:

People that walk in a take out and stand at the register looking at the menu like they don't know how to read then change their minds 5 or 10 times. I've actually leaned forward and asked people if they'd like me to read them the words under the pictures. And the real gripe is after all that they say "Aw, just give me a cheeseburger.

Revrob

Jan 24, 2016
Cherry Valley
Detector(s) used
At pro, Nokta FoRs CoRe, equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My pet peeve is people that fail to realize the truth to every issue lies in the middle. Those people that cant see the truth, due to rugged and deeply held ideology, left or right. Everyone seems so ready these days to fight for one side or the other, I wish people would go back to common sense. Oh yeah i hate the lottery people too. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread