hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I did learn a trick awhile back. When in a store that's busy I often find a couple or family walking towards me taking up most of the isle.
They are oblivious that I'm in their path and we will crash. A bumpy road ahead.
I found that a ways before we crash, I will turn my head as if looking at something and they will subconsciously move out of my way. Works most every time.
Saves me grief.

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you really want to mess with people...point at an imaginary spot on the floor and loudly exclaim "don't step in that!" gets em every time.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my pet peeves happened today at the grocery store, I had three items to purchase so I went to the clearly marked, 15 items or less, express line. And some idiot had about 40 items stacked on the conveyor. These people were talking in English so I loudly said "apparently these idiots can't read English!" They just looked away. Seems like a common occurrence here.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my pet peeves happened today at the grocery store, I had three items to purchase so I went to the clearly marked, 15 items or less, express line. And some idiot had about 40 items stacked on the conveyor. These people were talking in English so I loudly said "apparently these idiots can't read English!" They just looked away. Seems like a common occurrence here.

That might have been me, but ten bags of chips, four cases of beer, five bags cheese puffs, and six bags of pretzels is only four items.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do that....faithfully....
It's called "leaving yourself an out"....
It is step #4 in the Smith System of driving.
As a CDL driver, it becomes second nature.....

Ok here it is....
1. Aim high in steering
2. Get the big picture
3. Keep your eyes moving
4. Leave yourself an out
5. Make sure they see you

If Smith System was mandatory for all drivers, with a refresher every two years, the number of accidents would be cut by minimum 75%
Hmmm...... Back when I first learned to drive (back when they first put motors on flintstone mobiles) We were taught to leave 1/2 to 3/4 car length between you & the car in front. The logic being if some mouth breather rear ends you only your rear end gets damaged. Used to laugh at that, but it's proved true for me twice!

That brings up another pet peeve of mine! As Gallagher said "Pull out! Three cars go on the yellow! Three cars!" The idiots that pull their front wheels over the line and sit. By the time they look up from their phones and scoot, you're stuck sitting through another phase.........

And the old fart who rests his foot on the brake pedal! You can't tell if he's going to slam on the brakes or if he's saying the guy next to me is kidnapping me in morse code.......

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That might have been me, but ten bags of chips, four cases of beer, five bags cheese puffs, and six bags of pretzels is only four items.

That's only 25 items, what did you do with the other 15?? LOL........

I do agree though, if I have 5 of the same thing that only counts as 1?

Also, sometimes the cashiers are slow and will call you into their line even though you are over the suggested limit. It happens to me quite often.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Wife is my pet peeve when we go "out" for breakfast!! She loves to read the menu from front to back and then orders the same thing she always gets!! Only thing is, half the restaurant is filled up and my breakfast is hours away!! Is this just a "woman thing"??:dontknow:

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Wife is my pet peeve when we go "out" for breakfast!! She loves to read the menu from front to back and then orders the same thing she always gets!! Only thing is, half the restaurant is filled up and my breakfast is hours away!! Is this just a "woman thing"??:dontknow:

My wife is like that too, also picks at her food 10% of the time and talks the other 90%. Meanwhile I eat at 90mph and want to leave as soon as I'm done. She hates that.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did learn a trick awhile back. When in a store that's busy I often find a couple or family walking towards me taking up most of the isle.
They are oblivious that I'm in their path and we will crash. A bumpy road ahead.
I found that a ways before we crash, I will turn my head as if looking at something and they will subconsciously move out of my way. Works most every time.
Saves me grief.

Interesting, ill give that a try.

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pet peeves 0
I quickly glanced through the posts here and some of you let unknown persons rent to much space in your head

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my pet peeves is when a good thread is ruined by politics.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or women who leave it down... and pee standing up :P

Are you sure it's Toni with an I, and not Tony with a Y? :laughing7:

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
The 400 pound water buffalos who think they look good in Spandex.

And that said, same sweaty buffalos who come into the store, and when it's time to pay, pull their money out from their bra.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pet peeve is people that fail to realize the truth to every issue lies in the middle. Those people that cant see the truth, due to rugged and deeply held ideology, left or right. Everyone seems so ready these days to fight for one side or the other, I wish people would go back to common sense. Oh yeah i hate the lottery people too. Lol

Common sense!?!?! That's a lost art so rare it should be classified as a super power!!!:tongue3:

OP
OP
K

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Something like that happened to me before. All I needed was a jar of mustard. Grabbed it and hopped in the 15 item line. The person in front of me had about 40 things. I was about to say something to the cashier when she and the customer started up their conversation as they apparently were good friends. When I finally got up to pay for my stuff I knew what the cashier was going to say and she didn't disappoint me, "Is this all you have?" I told her, "Yeah, your friend ahead of me used up the rest of my 15 items." She didn't really care for that too much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread