General Pet Peeves

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I agree. Pretty ironic, actually. I'll just leave it at that.

Read on a Tom Clancy book jacket:

"Before you tweak the tail of the tiger, you better have a plan for dealing with its claws".......

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It upset me when it is cold outside to see men in short, and most of the time no winter coat.

It upset me when Tippy, my cat wants to to outside when it really cold at night and I am naked about to take a shower. I have colds every winter.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It upset me when it is cold outside to see men in short, and most of the time no winter coat.

It upset me when Tippy, my cat wants to to outside when it really cold at night and I am naked about to take a shower. I have colds every winter.
Mine kept wanting to go out when it was snowing just to walk under the eaves. One day I picked her up & tossed her in the middle of the yard in 3' snow, and that'd fix the problem! WRONG! Walked out to get her after a minute or two and no cat in the hole! Wish I had the camera out. She'd burrow a couple feet, pop up like an otter, get her bearings and burrow some more. She made it all the way back to the door. Didn't fix the problem she thought that was the greatest fun! Go figure.

That brings up another pet peeve, Guys from Oklahoma & other parts east bugging me about wearing a coat and shorts when working outside. My legs don't get cold! Or when diving wearing a short john wetsuit when everyone else has a full suit, booties & gloves & hood, and are still whining it's cold! Or when body surfing in shorts & a t shirt in winter and some tourist in a heavy overcoat hat & gloves and scarf standing on the beach says......

Wait for it :tongue3:

Almost! :tongue3:

"Don't you know you're gonna catch you death of cold?" :laughing7:

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Read on a Tom Clancy book jacket:

"Before you tweak the tail of the tiger, you better have a plan for dealing with its claws".......

Well said. I usually do, but in this case, "The pen is mightier than the sword", unfortunately.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I often wondered how funny it would be seeing one of those guys thumbing along the interstate due to a broke down vehicle ( and probably wearing flip flops) in the winter time. You can't go wrong with a nice warm thrift store hooded long coat tucked in the spare tire area. Wool socks for the flip flops would also be of great benefit.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Pet peeve of mine is when I ask someone to do something, and end up having to go behind them and clean up the mess they made doing the one thing I asked them to do...:BangHead:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are Express Lines in Super Markets that are designated "10 Items or Less"
Why is it that some people, who have way more than 10 items, think it is okay for them to use that check out cashier. I blame the cashier for not enforcing the Store Policy. It would be very easy for the cashier to politely enlighten the customer by saying, , "Hey you dumb ass, can't you read?"

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys that walk around with their pants half way down their ass!

Unless you are of a mental diminished capacity, wearing diapers, and bombing around in a walker, or 3 years old this practice is completely unacceptable.

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't stand how everybody seems to have forgotten what "right of way" means when driving.

OP
OP
K

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys that walk around with their pants half way down their ass!

One nice thing about this, though, is you know that they can't rob you since they can't run. They can only move their feet about six inches at a time.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be flying out on vacation in a couple of weeks which brings to mind another HUGE one. The idiots who stand in the plane aisle and back up the whole boarding process because they decide they need something out of their carry on bag before they stow it. I mean you usually have hours at the airport, plenty of darn time to get out what they need. Or they could have the decency to wait until everyone is on before rummaging through their bag. Let me also throw in that I hate seat kickers, seat back grabbers who end up catching your hair as they go down the aisle, people who are in front of you but who carry on a conversation with the people behind you the whole darn flight and of course seatmates who spread themselves into your tiny space.

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are Express Lines in Super Markets that are designated "10 Items or Less"
Why is it that some people, who have way more than 10 items, think it is okay for them to use that check out cashier. I blame the cashier for not enforcing the Store Policy. It would be very easy for the cashier to politely enlighten the customer by saying, , "Hey you dumb ass, can't you read?"

Ten items? Here, we're allowed twelve.

While I'm peeving...what's the deal now with cashiers asking if I want a receipt? Of course I do. And asking if I want my change? ???

Last edited:

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ten items? Here, we're allowed twelve.

While I'm peeving...what's the deal now with cashiers asking if I want a receipt? Of course I do. And asking if I want my change? ???

Trying to cut back on paper. Some places give you a receipt 13" long for one item.

Now imagine 2,000 receipts per store, every day, across 2,000 stores, that's a LOT of paper.

I usually don't need a receipt, unless it's something expensive or something than can break, like electronics.

I never get one at the gas station, it's not like I can return it, lol.

Same thing for fast food restaurants. McDonald's usually gives me a rather lengthy one as well.

Never heard of any place asking if you want your change, they have to give it to you.

Some places DO ask if you want to DONATE your change.

Last edited:

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are a few more...

1. Places that put stuff on "clearance" for normally what the item would be on SALE for.

2. Places that then SLOWLY mark the items down.

3. Places that seem to be clueless that NO ONE buys them until they get marked down to a certain price.

4. Places that realize how much BS would be saved if they just marked it down fully.

I worked in a store for over 2 years...they marked stuff down 4 times..and hardly anything moved until it was the last mark down.

5. Places with a reward system that gives you hardly anything in exchange for your personal info..which A LOT OF THEM SELL (even though many claim they won't).

6. Places with credit cards with 25.9% APR or higher, that force it's workers to sign people up. No one wants your crappy store card with no rewards and high interest, and no promo interest free period.

7. Places that sell things at high markups, like radioshack, to rubes who don't realize you can get the same thing on eBay for 80% less.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One nice thing about this, though, is you know that they can't rob you since they can't run. They can only move their feet about six inches at a time.

Yeah but they'll use that horizontal-over-the-head-grip on their Glock Fo-tay on you. You know, the one that makes the bullets hit harder (that's what one of them told me once).

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't stand how everybody seems to have forgotten what "right of way" means when driving.

Well they think they know what it means...........It means "look out dumb ass, I'm coming over right away whether you like it or not".........

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL........at the end of last year I had notice one of these "bum boys" being hauled off in handcuffs, and his pants kept falling and falling, until they had gathered at his knees.

The cops I'm quite certain knew what was happening, but made him walk his paces until they allowed him to hike them up.

Personally they should have kicked him in the ass when he was bent over, but that's just my opinion. :tongue3:

OP
OP
K

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah but they'll use that horizontal-over-the-head-grip on their Glock Fo-tay on you. You know, the one that makes the bullets hit harder (that's what one of them told me once).

Did you ask him if NASA knew he was moonlighting as a thug?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread