General Pet Peeves

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a thread in another sub-forum about garage sale pet peeves, but I thought that I would start one for pet peeves in general after running into an individual last night.

I was at the grocery store on my way home from work and the checkout lane that I was in dumped out right in front of the scratch off lottery ticket machine. While I was waiting, I noticed an older lady doing one of the things that greatly irritates me. She was one of these people who buy some scratch offs, then proceed to stand in front of the machine and scratch them. She even went as far as to scratch them off, buy some more, then scratch them as well. Occasionally, she would move out from in front of the ticket machine. When she would do that, she would move in front of the Coinstar machine!! When I left, she was still there, but I was able to look into the Coinstar reject tray and unfortunately it was empty. If I had seen something in there, especially something shiny and silver-like, that old lady would have been body-checked all the way over to the produce counter.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...
Do you "body-check" old lady's often ?

And what exactly does that mean ? ? ?
Is that like "frisking" ? ? ?

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
George Washington Inaugural Buttons, Slave Tags, Constant thread bumping trying to garner banner votes, thread capping.

There's a general store in my small hometown and there's a lady that does the same thing with the lotto deal, every day. And she smokes a generic cigarette while she's scratching. I don't mind the smell of a premium cig but that generic crap reeks.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone knows you use children to lure the elderly from a fixed position.
I can't stand being late myself or others being late.If there's not a valid reason I find it to be disrespectful.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in line at a lunch buffet and the couple ahead of me were touching all the dinner rolls, apparently looking for one with just the feel! Maybe it was Typhoid Mary's offspring...

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Top Definition. Thread capping. Going through threads on a forum and posting nothing of relevance to the thread. Bob was thread capping to raise his post count.

OP
OP
K

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Another day, another store, same thing. I stopped at a different grocery store on the way home today and had the same occurrence. Some lady standing in front of the lottery ticket machine scratching her tickets. What is it with these people?!?!?!?!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well to begin with, people who buy lottery tickets are not smart

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was in line at a lunch buffet and the couple ahead of me were touching all the dinner rolls, apparently looking for one with just the feel! Maybe it was Typhoid Mary's offspring...

hence the reason I don't do buffets

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left laners going 15 under the speed limit

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I'm guessing that you have now learned one of Life's important rules. NEVER eat at a buffet unless you like the germs from all the people that preceded you down the line. And by that I mean germs from ALL parts of their bodies.

al-bundy-hand-in-pants-300x228.jpg

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, one more.... People that leave a square 1/4" of tp on the roll. Guess they figure they didn't use it all up!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Top Definition. Thread capping. Going through threads on a forum and posting nothing of relevance to the thread. Bob was thread capping to raise his post count.

What happens then? Do you win a free toaster?

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Texting at stop lights or worse, in the grocery line, on a phone, having a very public conversation while paying no attention that the check out has been done and we are all waiting for the all important phone call to finish.
My wife won't go to a grocery store on the day old folks get their SS check. They crowd the isles with carts in the middle, poke around on the electric strollers, and seem to be baffled by a decision making process.High point of their day.
Before y'all jump my butt realize I'm not young either but I am aware of others and don't wish to be perceived as a nuisance.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texting at stop lights or worse, in the grocery line, on a phone, having a very public conversation while paying no attention that the check out has been done and we are all waiting for the all important phone call to finish.
My wife won't go to a grocery store on the day old folks get their SS check. They crowd the isles with carts in the middle, poke around on the electric strollers, and seem to be baffled by a decision making process.High point of their day.
Before y'all jump my butt realize I'm not young either but I am aware of others and don't wish to be perceived as a nuisance.
I don't have a problem with a quick text reply at a red light - so long as you are paying attention to the light. At least the vehicle isn't in motion. Don't make me wake you up with my horn!

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokers that think the world is their personal ashtray. Look out the window at any stop sign/light and hundreds of butts lay there. Don't cars come with ashtrays anymore? I don't care if you want to kill yourself with the nasty things, but take care of your butts properly.
And I spend a lot of time on the road, the texting and driving is way out of control.

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who can't park between the lines.
Yesterday, I pulled in to the left of a car that had parked very far to his left, crowding my spot. I was centered but he was so far over that our cars ended up being very close.
It was perfect, just as I was going in he was coming out. He asked me to move my car. I told him you should've parked properly, and that there was plenty of room to his right (bushes; he was at the end of the lot). I then told him that I'd be out in a minute or two and walked into the store. Felt so good!
And yes, he somehow squeezed into his car without bumping into mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread