Let's talk batteries..

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I try to be a very cheap individual, so needless to say, alkaline batteries tend to be expensive.

So I spent a good 5 hours doing all my homework.

Disclaimer: I do not represent these companies, sell their products, receive a commission, etc.

I'm just trying to save folks money.

EBL 6F22 9V 600mAh Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (2 Pack) +9 Volt Charger | eBay

for $12 shipped, you get 2 Lithium Ion 9 volt batteries, and charger.

These can be recharged 1200 times.

Great for the propointer, or any pinpointer taking a 9 volt. OR if you have a Tesoro metal detector and a pinpointer.

If you have a White's machine, many take 8 AA batteries.

8 Bay charger, $11.99 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/EBL-Ni-MH-Re...UTF8&qid=1490039883&sr=8-3&keywords=ebl+8+bay

Now..they do sell the EBL charger with batteries, HOWEVER the included batteries can only be re-charged 1200 times.

So instead...get the Panasonic Eneloop 8 pack, a little less capacity, but they can be recharged 2100 times, almost twice as much,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JHKSN5I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I paid $15.79 per 8 pack, but it looks like they are out of stock.

So for less than $40, you have a high capacity charging set up for both your detector and pinpointer.

Or less than $12 if you have a Tesoro! :laughing7:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
That's great choice (eneloops) for Whites until you detect in the winter. Then you'll be going back to alkaline, switching to L-ion, or buying a few extra sets of Ni-MH to swap out every few hours. And when they crash - they crash! No tapering off in performance at all.

I do like them in the warmer months for my pinpointer because of the cost savings. They have their place and time.

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You won't find anyone cheaper then me. I ask for batteries as a stocking stuffer every year for Christmas. I get 60 pack of AAs and a 12 pack of 9Vs to get through the season.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Until L-Ion manufactures solve their charging (explosion)problems I'm staying cautious.
Young woman a few days ago had her head set go off on her head. Bad burns. It seems it's not just while charging but while charging is more common. Last I heard airlines might not ship them. Don't know if that was resolved.
Make sure your HO insurance still covers LI- Ion mishaps. Too bad to burn an expensive MD just when your getting hits.

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bought the eneloop charger+4 pack from amazon around xmas time. Havent used them yet, but i intended to throw them in the at pro as soon as this next batch of batteries is toast.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used Eneloops in my Safari for years but don't really use them as much now that I swing a CTX.
I read 100% good things about RNB batteries for the detector models that they are made for.
I use rechargables for my pinpointer too. Buy once, cry once.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a Whites. Just bought 40 Duracell AA's at Costco for less than $15. VERY cheap

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread