Are freshly turned over fields really that good?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one thing that is nice.....take my cheap harbor frieght shorty shovel and it will sink right into the earth. I just always picture the farmers from the 1800's, and I'm sure into the early 1900's on sulky plows.....

There are 4 of these in the woods not far from where I live. You can tell whoever sat on one would be leaning back. Could easily loose what was in the pockets. Especially getting on and off of them. Which I do think they had to do quite often. I'll give it an honest try, and post up any results!
Many farmers worked on the tractor under the shade tree. We found this true when we detected the house grounds that Charles Guiteau lived in when he was 5. (he killed Pres. Garfield) Many tractor parts but no coins. We did find a V nickel in the front yard where a museum picture showed a large tree once grew. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread