NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Is anyone connected with this show or know why they seem so close to a discovery that they move on to the next location ? Why do they never do a follow-up on some of these more promising investigations ?
On some cases they do, do a follow up. Or Josh and his team run other episodes with extra scenes and cuts to fill in the story. Im a fan of the show but i also agree with you. Not too sure on the show side of things. But sometimes the film show funds the hunts to follow the story. So perhaps the treasure seeker is wrong or not fully informed. Not sure. But the series has be given the next season go ahead. So more answers may come then.
Marticus

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
A few times I have wondered about the planting of artifacts. On a few of his episodes he will be with the search experts and yet he will be the one who finds a clue, a rare coin, or a wax seal. Makes me wonder ? But regardless, I always find his journeys interesting and enlightening. Enough so, that after some of his episodes I find myself using Google to learn more about what I just saw. Maybe "Piratebeth" could provide some details ? Who knows how close he has actually come, ( or being on scene ), of some major historic discovery. Glad to hear about the show being renewed another year.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A few times I have wondered about the planting of artifacts. On a few of his episodes he will be with the search experts and yet he will be the one who finds a clue, a rare coin, or a wax seal. Makes me wonder ? But regardless, I always find his journeys interesting and enlightening. Enough so, that after some of his episodes I find myself using Google to learn more about what I just saw. Maybe "Piratebeth" could provide some details ? Who knows how close he has actually come, ( or being on scene ), of some major historic discovery. Glad to hear about the show being renewed another year.
Well its his show. So i figure he is funding it so he can call the shots on camera. Thats my guess anyway. I mean some things may be placed. But if your at a site for 8 hours and only find 2 good things your going to try an reanact the scene for camera. Again thats my guess. Diggers and such are all the same its all about editing and such to make the program.

I try to look past the fact that almost everything is a find or a direction from josh and try to enjoy the search as such. But i mist admit the last few eps have been a bit long in the tooth. Like trying to drag out a 10 page story into a novel.
But im still a fan. Ill keep watching and look forward to next season. But you have to keep in mind. He is just a tv host. Not a treasure hunter himself

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Agreed ! But I do have to admit he does find a few things. I don't envy him on some of those diving trips like in search for that bell !

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do you really think that they are going to find maybe kidd's treasure on a tv show? it's called entertainment

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Is anyone connected with this show or know why they seem so close to a discovery that they move on to the next location ? Why do they never do a follow-up on some of these more promising investigations ? "

Uhn........because all of these shows are scripted and totally fake?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My recorder got the 1715 fleet episode, new here..

It looked good, but for he MD'd the beach with a Garrett 2500. I know you can't detect a salt beach with one of those. Probably a technical oversight. And I doubt that they recorded a "live" find of 2 silver cobs, but I think it's ok overall.

I do think it was the first time that anyone got inside the Cuban archives. Interesting!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Josh seems to have a great sense of humor and i enjoy the show. Figure, though, all the "spontaneous" finds are probably shown on the fifth take and 15 guys in his camera and sound crew are in any cave or hole ahead of him.

The later Expedition Truth has lowered my opinion of him. The Blair Witch Project meets Finding Bigfoot. Too hokey.

manticor225

May 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh seems to have a great sense of humor and i enjoy the show. Figure, though, all the "spontaneous" finds are probably shown on the fifth take and 15 guys in his camera and sound crew are in any cave or hole ahead of him.

The later Expedition Truth has lowered my opinion of him. The Blair Witch Project meets Finding Bigfoot. Too hokey.

Assuming you're referring to Destination Truth, but to be fair, that show is old episodes from his original series on SyFy that aired years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread