I watch when it is about something Believable
and not a rerun .
Last nights was good

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoy it. He seems to be a guy who would be fun to travel with.

Last night's about King John's lost caravan was good; I had never heard the story before. Interesting to see the detected and dredged artifacts.

The locations are good as well. But you know it will be a dead-end for most of the relics and lost item's he looking for or the world would have heard about it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy it. He seems to be a guy who would be fun to travel with.

Last night's about King John's lost caravan was good; I had never heard the story before. Interesting to see the detected and dredged artifacts.

The locations are good as well. But you know it will be a dead-end for most of the relics and lost item's he looking for or the world would have heard about it.

The dredging part annoyed me. Dredges are made to trap small gold. Coins don't have the space to drop out of the turbulence and will flip their way on down the box and off the end. I've even seen rings in the tailings pile. So there is no telling what items blew right out. He needs to have a wire basket on the end. If you look at the Keene coin and relic dredge, it doesn't have riffles, it has spikes to grab chains and a basket to catch everything large enough to be a coin.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny, the one my dvr recorded last night was a NAZI Treasure Hunt

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny, the one my dvr recorded last night was a NAZI Treasure Hunt

Yes, that was the new episode. The England King's treasure episode was from last week, but they played it last night before the new one.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't always get to watch it so I wasn't sure which is the "new" one. Last night I saw Lasseter's Reef in AUS, King John's lost treasure in England and Rommel's Treasure in Corsica. I had seen the Australian one before. :dontknow:

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
watched it one time and that was enough. Too much bs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My recorder got the 1715 fleet episode, new here..

it looked good, but for he MD'd the beach with a Garrett 2500. I know you can't detect a salt beach with one of those. Probably a technical oversight. And I doubt that they recorded a "live" find of 2 silver cobs, but I think it's ok overall.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy it . One has to understand that its reality tv and they have to keep the viewers interest but overall I just enjoy the different topics and destinations.

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He seems like a cool guy. But, it feels like they take tourist attractions and pretend they discovered something.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watch the show. Recently found it and have been DVR-ing old episodes.
He is like a new day Indy. He does a good job explaining the mysteries. Have learned about some treasures I have never heard of before.
Best part is he is the one who ALWAYS makes the find.... how cool is that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread