Don't we need a WWI and WWII Relic Forum??

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
With the high number of Treasure Net members living in or visiting Europe, Russia, Asia and elsewhere where battles occurred during WWI and WWII and the fact that they are finding and posting relics from these wars here on TNET, surely should spell the need for forums for these relics! There could also be sub-forums for equipment from these wars and sub-forums in similar forums for equipment not dug up but purchased for when a member has a question on what they have, if period, uses and values.

I just picked up a bunch of nice German Scopes from an Estate Auction most of which date to WWII and a couple, possibly to WWI but find no forum or sub-forum to ask for help on some of them from any Experts, Collectors and/or Owners/Reenactors that have knowledge of these often sought after and often prized scopes. While some are slightly different variations and/or power, I won several Carl Zeiss Jena Scopes...Hensoldt Wetzlar Scopes and Hubertus 6 x 42 / 49 Scopes which I believe were made under the "Hubertus" name by Schmidt Bender. I also picked up a really nice old Weaver K8 with an Adjustable Objective and a super nice Schmidt Bender 10x42mm Target Scope with it's original box. One of the older scopes appears that it was possibly a Battlefield pick up with rust damage and/or blast damage from a Grenade or Artillery and has been restored but maintained the damage on the tube and outside of the Parallax lense area.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks! I totally missed seeing it and I searched several times before posting. I guess a lot of the sub-forums get overlooked.

Frank

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I totally missed seeing it and I searched several times before posting. I guess a lot of the sub-forums get overlooked.

Frank

That they do. It took me awhile before I discovered it, myself.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... I guess a lot of the sub-forums get overlooked....

Yes. All the more reason to not have oodles of sub-forums. If someone has a specific niche, all they need to do is include that in the title of their post. Eg.: "WWI such & such found" , or "question about WWII belt buckle", etc... The others, of the same interest, can chime in. No need to make oodles of sub-forums that get just way-too-specific, leading to zero traffic or readers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread