tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday late afternoon my daughter started texting my wife saying they're was this guy driving around the Walmart parking lot telling people in the lot they're going to want to get a video of him on what he's about to do. Well if anyone ever said that to me, I'd think I would get the hell away, as you never know what's​ going on with some folks these days. Well this is what the guy did. He doused himself in gasoline and set himself on fire right in front of Walmarts main entrance. I'm very grateful he didn't decide to take others with him like so many other wack jobs do in this day and age.

Attachments

• 17522785_10104949175090343_7669578225752045937_n_1490576366618_9045767_ver1.0.jpg
    17522785_10104949175090343_7669578225752045937_n_1490576366618_9045767_ver1.0.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure it's going to get worse in the near future. Someone will want to copy it. All we can do is prey for this country of ours.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a serious epidemic of Veterans killing themselves. Most folks dont know about the 22 vets a day that commit suicide. While the cause is many, the options these veterans have is zero. I was medically discharged over 25 years ago with "undiagnosed illness and injury's". It no longer pains me to share this as I hope to help others. The hotlines, the VA medical clinics, the ER's do not care. Another problem is the meds they hand out can cause suicidal tendency also. I just touched on this subject as I am not a professional. These same problems can happen to anyone not just combat veterans. The fix is simple. Take care of our people with real options. These agency's like the VA need to be shut down. Send the money they get to the local county's who are dealing with the problems. I have received more care and better care from a free clinic than any doctor. When I call someone for help and they start out who is your insurance company I usually just hang up anymore. Another example of out bad medical care, I broke my arm in two places. The ER would not even give me a aspirin. I didn't need them to tell me I broke my arm. I needed help with getting my arm fixed. I went almost a year with that painful broken arm till I found a doctor who would fix it. I had to call the Governor's office about the insurance carrier I had. United Health Care sucks lol. It was bad before Obama care, it is worse now. Especially if your in the last half of your life. I would like to see some health reform with the Pharmaceutical company's and the termination of HMO's completely. Lst let me end woth this. The Veterans of our country are being turned loose on society without proper care for emotional problems. Not every veterans suffers. There was a promise when I signed up, and free medical was part of that. People loose their minds if you even suggest it anymore. If the Military would keep its promises I know I would have been better off. Maybe our state medical boards and the agencys that certify our hospitals need a enema if you get my drift.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! Holy Smoke!! So very sad!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I guess he made his point - What was it BTW ?

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A very selfish thing to do on so many levels, but then again mental illness overrides normal thought processes.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Lord, I'm glad your daughter and all them other folks are ok and I'm sorry they had to see that.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is a counselor. She never tells me who, but will tell me some stories of what's going in the minds of some folks around here. Some of its pretty odd thinking and others she mandatory reports to the authorities. That's why I hang around you folks with dreams of finding treasure. That's the only crazy thought I can't ever let go of.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is terrible, hopefully the guy found peace. Could have done it privately, however.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Political posts deleted, please keep politics out of all forums but our politics forum.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow what the heck. I agree at least it was only him. But dang what a way to go:sadsmiley:

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is horrific ... I just checked the infamous Denver Post ... nothing.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad your daughter is ok. Hopefully she didn't see it happen..
That guy had to be hurting really bad to do that.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a serious epidemic of Veterans killing themselves. Most folks dont know about the 22 vets a day that commit suicide. While the cause is many, the options these veterans have is zero. I was medically discharged over 25 years ago with "undiagnosed illness and injury's". It no longer pains me to share this as I hope to help others. The hotlines, the VA medical clinics, the ER's do not care. Another problem is the meds they hand out can cause suicidal tendency also. I just touched on this subject as I am not a professional. These same problems can happen to anyone not just combat veterans. The fix is simple. Take care of our people with real options. These agency's like the VA need to be shut down. Send the money they get to the local county's who are dealing with the problems. I have received more care and better care from a free clinic than any doctor. When I call someone for help and they start out who is your insurance company I usually just hang up anymore. Another example of out bad medical care, I broke my arm in two places. The ER would not even give me a aspirin. I didn't need them to tell me I broke my arm. I needed help with getting my arm fixed. I went almost a year with that painful broken arm till I found a doctor who would fix it. I had to call the Governor's office about the insurance carrier I had. United Health Care sucks lol. It was bad before Obama care, it is worse now. Especially if your in the last half of your life. I would like to see some health reform with the Pharmaceutical company's and the termination of HMO's completely. Lst let me end woth this. The Veterans of our country are being turned loose on society without proper care for emotional problems. Not every veterans suffers. There was a promise when I signed up, and free medical was part of that. People loose their minds if you even suggest it anymore. If the Military would keep its promises I know I would have been better off. Maybe our state medical boards and the agencys that certify our hospitals need a enema if you get my drift.

Thank you for your service and may God Bless all our military men and women. They deserve the best medical and psychiatric care, free without a wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have to be in a very dark place for a very long time to have that much pain to set yourself on fire publicly. I thank the Lord that no one else was hurt [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is a counselor. She never tells me who, but will tell me some stories of what's going in the minds of some folks around here. Some of its pretty odd thinking and others she mandatory reports to the authorities. That's why I hang around you folks with dreams of finding treasure. That's the only crazy thought I can't ever let go of.

The crazy folks know this therefore dont speak the unspeakables.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread