My first and last transaction with kellyco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But thats the whole idea of ordering things on line. So you don't have to go to a store, make phone calls etc.

Then you take the chance. No guarantees that everyone's websites are up to date or if they stock an item or drop ship it. I personally don't mind a quick phone call to verify these things. Often times a sales rep will even give you a better price on the item or shipping or clue you in on another option that's being released soon.

Noah

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... No guarantees that everyone's websites are up to date.....

especially when you consider the "market niche" that KC appeals to: They are like the Kmart of md'ing sales. And with that type business model, go figure, the operating budget (profit margin on each sale, even given the high volumes) will leave them with thin work crews.

I've seen that in my own business (street sweepers): We used to be as CHEAP AS POSSIBLE to get ALL the business, even if it meant razor thin profit margins. And back in those days, I noticed that ... ultimately ... I'd be "cutting corners" to make the budget work. Nothing at all wrong with that business model. Many of my resulting customer base chose us strictly because we were the cheapest.

However, we evolved to now be the most expensive among our competitors. And I notice the eventual shift to more middle management and safeguards, etc... And sure, I have people willing to pay the extra, to get the more dapper service.

So ... you pay for what you get. And if you choose the big-box store type business model, you might have to exercise a bit more patience.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Issue has been settled.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread