Looking for help figuring out value of recently cut Montana sapphires

parkplace29

Sep 29, 2016
Helena, MT
Primary Interest:
Other
HELLO ALL MY NAME IS BRANDON & I HAVE BEEN IN A WHEELCHAIR MY WHOLE LIFE AND WHEN I CANT GO OUTSIDE TO KEEP FROM GETTING CABIN FEVER I GO THROUGH SAPPHIRE GRAVEL AND I RECENTLY GOT SOME MONTANA SAPPHIRES BACK FROM BEING CUT AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND SOMONE TO HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THEY MAY BE WORTH I DONT KNOW IF THE PICTURE I TRIED TO ADD TO THIS POST WILL SHOW UP OR NOT BUT IF YOU CAN HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THESE STONES MAY BE WORTH I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT MY EMAIL BRANDONSCOTT689 @ GMAIL IT WOULD BE BEYOND APPRECIATED THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! SINCERELY BRANDON SCOTT.... AllGoodSapphires.jpg

Attachments

• BlueOvalSapphire1.jpg
    BlueOvalSapphire1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, Brandon...that's a deep blue on that one. I have no idea of the value, but want to extend a warm welcome to a great site. You should learn to do your own faceting....it's easier than you might think.
Jim

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice stones Brandon! Where are you located? Maybe modify your profile to include your location. Good luck here, good and decent people all around us on this website. The nefarious ones do not last long! This is a vast site with some very very intelligent people lingering here.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Brandon -

Ah, my birthstone you show - :)

It would be hard to price your stones just with your photos - Size, color, inclusions all play a part in value.

If this info wasn't provided by whomever did the faceting, perhaps a jeweler could help out.

There are some good boards on Montana gemstones that also may help with value.

Good luck -

OP
OP
P

parkplace29

Sep 29, 2016
Helena, MT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank You i do know it is hard if not impossible to guess what a stone would be worth with just pictures just thought somone could direct me to somone who may be able to help me. Thanks for the reply!

OP
OP
P

parkplace29

Sep 29, 2016
Helena, MT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks... I am located in Helena, MT and these stones came from the spokane bar mine and a few were a gift from a friend of mine in a town about an hour away from me ...

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Brandon ! Beautiful sapphires there !! For value you will have to show them to a few gem dealers . I lived in Helena from 1968 - 73 , I regret not having gone over there . Maybe I'll get there yet .

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Brandon.
You need to contact the GIA, Gemological Institute of America and ask their advice. They will most likelyl put you in touch with someone local to you that can give your beautiful stones a detailed examination.

A good distant second choice is to take them to a TRUSTED jeweler if you can find one. Make it crystal clear ( I hate puns) that in no case would you EVER sell your gems to an appraiser. Best to tell them you'd like an appraisal for insurance purposes.

My third choice would be to attend a Regional gem and mineral show and ask some of the dealers what they think.

Each option except the last will probably cost a small fee, but it may be worth it. Only you can decide that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread