Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bilder

May 16, 2017
Southwest Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Teknetics Patriot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing says Happy birthday America like German booze and Brazilian tobacco.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also Quit Smoking 5 years ago. I have had a couple of sticks on special occasions 2 or 3 in the last five years (Like finding gold rings)
I used to love Acid Wafers for quickies.
If you can get them Partagas Serie P or D Havanas are quite nice but my Hands down all around Top smoke is a Partagas Solomone Havana Look em up. They will make your toes curl and your eyes roll back in your head. You will remove the band and smoke it down to a roach and wish there was more of it.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also Quit Smoking 5 years ago. I have had a couple of sticks on special occasions 2 or 3 in the last five years (Like finding gold rings)
I used to love Acid Wafers for quickies.
If you can get them Partagas Serie P or D Havanas are quite nice but my Hands down all around Top smoke is a Partagas Solomone Havana Look em up. They will make your toes curl and your eyes roll back in your head. You will remove the band and smoke it down to a roach and wish there was more of it.
If BTW you are going to try these, Buy them from reputable shop if in USA. There are a lot of fake Cubanos. You will know if you have a fake if it smokes like a wheel barrel full of Road Apples.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a cigar gal, but have friends who partake.
One, dips his $15 cigars in rum and cures them, they also are cured with honey, the bees want them, when smoking on the beach, lol.
This friend also keeps a favorite pipe, for finishing the end bits, for $15 a pop, guess he wants to suck up all his money, lol

Another friend had to give up his cigars, he actually developed polycythemia, as a result of his cigars. Just a heads up, is all.
Enjoy and smoke em if ya got em!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a cigar gal, but have friends who partake.
One, dips his $15 cigars in rum and cures them, they also are cured with honey, the bees want them, when smoking on the beach, lol.
This friend also keeps a favorite pipe, for finishing the end bits, for $15 a pop, guess he wants to suck up all his money, lol

Another friend had to give up his cigars, he actually developed polycythemia, as a result of his cigars. Just a heads up, is all.
Enjoy and smoke em if ya got em!
In my opinion Dipping $15 dollar cigars into rum and Honey ruins a $15 Cigar! :)
Just a Heads up Everyone. Polycythemia is a VERY Rare Genetic Mutation Causing Blood Thickening from over production of Hemoglobin (Red Blood Cells) Although Symptoms from the blood thickening can cause shortness of breath and Chest pains (and other things) It is Extremely unlikely that Smoking Cigars caused the problem. It is understandable that he had to quit after diagnosis. But this disorder is caused by mutations in bone marrow. I won't say the same thing about persons that are prone to Cancer exacerbating their chances by smoking, but this one ain't it!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion Dipping $15 dollar cigars into rum and Honey ruins a $15 Cigar! :)
Just a Heads up Everyone. Polycythemia is a VERY Rare Genetic Mutation Causing Blood Thickening from over production of Hemoglobin (Red Blood Cells) Although Symptoms from the blood thickening can cause shortness of breath and Chest pains (and other things) It is Extremely unlikely that Smoking Cigars caused the problem. It is understandable that he had to quit after diagnosis. But this disorder is caused by mutations in bone marrow. I won't say the same thing about persons that are prone to Cancer exacerbating their chances by smoking, but this one ain't it!
I hear ya. The cigars come already treated with the honey, idk if they are cubanos or what though.
True that about polycythemia. My mom was the 27th or 28th documented case in the world over 30 yrs ago.
My friend who acquired it said his doc told him it was caused or due to the cigars. When he quit them, his blood cells went back to what they were suppose to be. We treated mom with Striptokanase(*sp?), which at the time was still experimental.

eta, it created clots in her liver veins arteries, tubey things. John Hopkins made a valient attempt..... the cure for the damage had side effects that took her down. Parts donated for further research and learning.

eta

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that how it goes always? Side effects from the "treatment" get ya. Growing older and then croaking really sucks.
I am no Doctor, but my brother is. He was sitting next to me when I read him this. He said that there is no doubt that absorbing smoke in the lung tissues? Would make his problem worse.
I am a firm believer that everything I like is gonna kill me! Think Bacon Oh Yumm

vscience

Jun 23, 2012
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love your input on this interesting men's belt with a buckle that has old cigar bands from Havana, Cuba. The bands are encased in some kind of metal metal and amber. The text on the bands are "Los Reyes de Espana" "Habana Cuba". Strangely it also has a medallion / fob that has NorthEastern Railway (British) insignia in it. So, the previous owner had an interest in the British railway / trains and cigars. Hmmm.
It's a strange combination of subject matter. I've toyed with separating the buckles from the medallion because of the different interests so I would like to hear your suggestions. Thanks! DSCN0524[1].JPG DSCN0526[1].JPG DSCN0531[1].JPG

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of very cool stuff has been made with cigar bands. These and the railway badge are encased in poured resin and polished. Hobbier made them. Its OK to separate them though they were probably made by the same person.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey vscience!.... very cool Cigartifacts.... I'd keep them the way they are....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions