I blame this site

Hammer287

Mar 28, 2017
Northwest Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since I came to this site I have been totally absorbed with the British TV show the detectorists found on Netflix. What a great show. I feel like I discovered water. Nothing got done yesterday as I binge watched the first two seasons and now can't wait to see more. My first detector is arriving today so as the house crumbles I will finally be able to begin my new hobby.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, good for you on your new detector. Now, don't waste any more valuable detecting time by sitting home watching tv.:icon_thumleft:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep..... Your TV days are about to end. Welcome to the addiction.

HH, RN

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Love that show...the best quotes.

"You're one of us now....Just need some camouflage.
~ Why do detectorists wear camouflage?
To hide from predators.
~ Of course."

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep practicing the gold dance until you get it right.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Love that show...the best quotes.

"You're one of us now....Just need some camouflage.
~ Why do detectorists wear camouflage?
To hide from predators.
~ Of course."

Yeah, we need to design a new Camouflage Clothing line and instead of being Realtree, we will call it RealDetector. Instead of leaves, trees, tree bark and branches, it would have Silver and other Coinage such as Seated Liberty Quarters and Half Dollars, Spanish 8 Reale Pieces, Pine Tree & Oak Tree Coins, Fugio Cents, Celtic...Roman & Medieval Coins, Iron Age Axes & Spears, Copper Age Spears & Arrowheads, Crotal Bells, G.W. Inaugural Buttons, Revolutionary & Civil War Buttons...Belt Plates & Cannon Balls and a few WWI and WWII Relics thrown in here and there.

Frank

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, since I came to this site I have been totally absorbed with the British TV show the detectorists found on Netflix. What a great show. I feel like I discovered water. Nothing got done yesterday as I binge watched the first two seasons and now can't wait to see more. My first detector is arriving today so as the house crumbles I will finally be able to begin my new hobby.

You wont find a third season of the Detectorists, they only made 2. Check out Family Tree produced by Christopher Guest. I think its also on Netflix. It's also only 2 seasons long, but it's got the same smart humor as the Detectorists, and PACE yourself!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you will never look at a matchbox car find the same either.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey we will gladly to take the blame on you finding a great hobby. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.:icon_thumleft:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
huntsman 53, you forgot the pull tabs.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you will have a good exercise regiment. Physically fit as you dig in the ground......

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
huntsman 53, you forgot the pull tabs. On second thought, sew about 100 of them on a baseball cap, other detector people would understand it in a heartbeat.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
huntsman 53, you forgot the pull tabs. On second thought, sew about 100 of them on a baseball cap, other detector people would understand it in a heartbeat.

Better yet, get you a trainable metal detector, make a shock collar out of the pull tabs and wrap them around the top (hee, hee collar) of the coil so it will recognize a pull tab's signal. Then if the metal detector hones in on a signal and when you dig it, it is a pull tab, then give the coil a good old shock. Hey, it works on Coon Dogs!:laughing7::tongue3:

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions