Bought a New House!

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just counted 19 houses that you can see from my current house's backyard. Another neighbor throws pizza crust and other food over the fence for the goats (which could get them very sick, and they don't eat it anyway). One kid thinks it funny to throw eggs at cars and shoot people with his BB gun. Our family was in the backyard at night with a small fire going on one time last year. We saw a fox in the small patch of woods and shined a flashlight to see it better, walking close to the fence. Practically all the houses within 50 feet of our house turned their lights on to see what was going on, a few people went outside, and the person directly behind us screamed at us and went down to our fence line and released their annoying barking dogs to "scare us away". The woman I talked about in my original post went right next to our fence with a blinding flashlight and pressed up against the fence for 5 minutes, staring, then paced around until she walked back inside. At the new house there are no neighbors to be seen from our backyard, just woods. From the front yard you can see a house on the other side of the street, at the end of a long driveway and masked by trees.

Man-o-live. Those really are crappy neighbors. Thank God I've always had good neighbors. That $hit wouldn't last 2 seconds around me/ here. Congratulations on your new palace!

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Man-o-live. Those really are crappy neighbors. Thank God I've always had good neighbors. That $hit wouldn't last 2 seconds around me/ here. Congratulations on your new palace!
I was this close to snapping many times, when they tore down the 1850's house next door (the man who lived there was in his 70s and was extremely nice and easy to talk) the developer building the duplex was an ill-tempered :censored:. He would randomly freak out under stress and yell/swear at my family for no reason. He then decided to run for public election, I am happy to say that he didn't get my vote.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many years ago, I was working for a company framing a new house for a guy who moved partially due to a nasty neighbor he had. The ( nasty neighbor) was a power driven big headed bully LEO as the guy we were building for described that made a living hell for him and his family for 10 years. The owner was soft spoken, and a really nice guy, as we saw. We had the trusses dropped off on the job site at a good distance ( around 75 yrds. I'd guess) away from the house we were building, and there was this short prick with a peed off look on his face with his arms crossed just glaring at us for several minutes. There was no other homes in this subdivision for a good city block in any direction. Just fields and dirt and "For Sale" plot stakes every so often. This prick went to my foreman and demanded that the trusses be moved immediately off of his property.
We told the story to the owner of the house we were building, and that's when he told us who he was. That's right, the prick bought the property right next door to the guy we were building for. 30 some miles away, and right next door!
Now THAT is definately a crappy neighbor.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Many years ago, I was working for a company framing a new house for a guy who moved partially due to a nasty neighbor he had. The ( nasty neighbor) was a power driven big headed bully LEO as the guy we were building for described that made a living hell for him and his family for 10 years. The owner was soft spoken, and a really nice guy, as we saw. We had the trusses dropped off on the job site at a good distance ( around 75 yrds. I'd guess) away from the house we were building, and there was this short prick with a peed off look on his face with his arms crossed just glaring at us for several minutes. There was no other homes in this subdivision for a good city block in any direction. Just fields and dirt and "For Sale" plot stakes every so often. This prick went to my foreman and demanded that the trusses be moved immediately off of his property.
We told the story to the owner of the house we were building, and that's when he told us who he was. That's right, the prick bought the property right next door to the guy we were building for. 30 some miles away, and right next door!
Now THAT is definately a crappy neighbor.

Wow! What a jerk! People like that need a good slap in the face!

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the new house. Sounds like you don't have to stray too far for some good detecting! You also have my deepest sympathy. That is, when it comes to the actual move...ugghhh! I speak from recent personal experience. We just finished the move last weekend into our new house. I haven't fired up my machines and hit the dirt for over four weeks now. Heck, I couldn't even get time to get onto TNet for three or four days at a time. Too tired, too sore! Good luck and enjoy your new home!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you mate. Pack up and get. I live in a non incorporated little village. there are chickens roaming and folks can pretty much do what they please. I love it here. I also found my oldest US coin in my front yard, 1826 Half Cent. Also my best old coin spill too, 1892 Barber Quarter, 1892 Barber dime, 1892 V Nickel, and an old Seated dime I can't remember the year but it was a Carson City minted dime. SO, have fun recovering all the history of your new digs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread