Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an obvious attempt to defraud. All the things you mentioned point to a possible history of trying to take advantage of people.
In NYC, we have some local TV stations that will investigate and air their findings. Really bad publicity.
Filing written complaints with the State Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau is definitely an attention getter. Once a letter is filed with the State AG, the business MUST reply or risk losing their business license.
You have an open and shut case. These guy's should be arrested for "Felonious Stupidity "

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
819ffdf9724e17bf30022875d9666f0f_download-car-salesman-quotes-meme-car-sales_500-500.jpeg

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped by the dealership yesterday. The manager said there was a misunderstanding about the car wash and that what they meant to say was the tech stood there with a hose and blasted the spot where it was leaking. Can't make this up. As far as the windshield is concerned he told me they use an outside vendor that came and did the work. He trusts it was done and can see my concern after looking at the car. He credited my $75 and said to keep and eye on it. If it continues to leak bring it back. It won't leak because I guarantee all they did was clear out the sunroof drain. He then proceeded to tell me there is a chance they might have sealed it from the inside. Whatever, I'm done.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a Snap On dealer for 20 years. I have serviced hundreds of car dealers, both used and new. I have also worked for Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick and GMC. My experience comes from working in the Chicago to Milwaukee corridor.
First off AVOID any car dealer with a sign out front that reads "NO CREDIT, NO PROBLEM." There will be a problem later for you.
When you are ready to purchase a car arrange your own financing.
Preferably from a local credit union as they have better interest rates than banks.
New car dealers with zero intrest rates are good too. But that will come at a cost also. I personally would not buy into any extended warranty or anything they suggest above the price of the car. That is a 100% money maker for them!
Go there with a idea of what you can really afford.
Don't let the salesman tell you what you need. He is a preditor and you are his next meal ticket.
I had a very good friend tell me years ago you can tell when a car salesman is lying because his mouth is open. He also made another statement to me that has always stood true in life "YOU HAVE TO SCREW YOUR FRIENDS BECAUSE YOUR ENEMIES DON'T DO BUSSINESS WITH YOU!"

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by the dealership yesterday. The manager said there was a misunderstanding about the car wash and that what they meant to say was the tech stood there with a hose and blasted the spot where it was leaking. Can't make this up. As far as the windshield is concerned he told me they use an outside vendor that came and did the work. He trusts it was done and can see my concern after looking at the car. He credited my $75 and said to keep and eye on it. If it continues to leak bring it back. It won't leak because I guarantee all they did was clear out the sunroof drain. He then proceeded to tell me there is a chance they might have sealed it from the inside. Whatever, I'm done.

So you caught them in a lie and called them on it, and they are only going to reimburse you the $75.00? Well I guess it's better than nothing, but you'd think they would have offered to at least wash your car for you since they clearly didn't do it the first time around. LOL......

Glad it all worked out for you.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you caught them in a lie and called them on it, and they are only going to reimburse you the $75.00? Well I guess it's better than nothing, but you'd think they would have offered to at least wash your car for you since they clearly didn't do it the first time around. LOL......

Glad it all worked out for you.

After that I wouldn't trust them to put air in my tire.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After that I wouldn't trust them to put air in my tire.

Oh ya me either.

I would already be looking for a new dealer to get my service work done.

This is what dealers live off of, not the sale of cars.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And your response should've been No, you better keep an eye on me because I'll be buying my next car elsewhere you know like an outside vendor. Yup! your tech blasted it with a hose, keep an eye on me while I do everything I can to tell others how you do things.

Every car I've bought, I take the license plate ring off & hand it back to them. After the what the heck looks fade, I tell them if they want me to leave it on we'll have to do up an advertising contract where they'll pay me $50 or $100 per month for my advertising services. You might want to do that with your dealer as a subtle one finger salute! If not for the giggles when they stand their jaws on the floor.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
The chain automotive centers are even worse. When my mom was alive she took her 2001 Buick Century to a Sears Auto Center for a state inspection. She called me in tears and knowing I was a career auto tech, she wanted my advice. They told her the car failed and that it needed a complete brake overhaul. Rotors, calipers, pads, etc on all 4 wheels. I told her to give me the phone number of the shop and I would handle it. I then called and asked to speak to the service manager. Asked him to explain to me how a car that was only a year old and had 14,000 miles could possibly need all of that. Then asked why he didn't refer her to the Buick dealership since it would all be covered under warranty if there actually was an issue.. I explained to him that I was a Tech currently running my own shop and also a state inspection station in the next state over in NH (she was in Mass) and that I could be there in 2 hours and would have her meet me there along with a Massachusetts DMV cop and he could show all of us what they found wrong with the brakes... He fell all over himself apologizing. Blamed the mistake on "a new kid that just started working there" and told me to have her go back and he would personally put the sticker on the car at no charge. So to add to the list of places to avoid.. Never go to a Tire store, chain store, Jiffy Lube type place, etc for repairs other than what their specialty is. They operate on a small margin but make up for it by "finding" other things wrong with your car.

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab quattro and AT Pro
Take your car to another Honda dealer (or windshield repair guy) and ask the them to tell if that is a factory install, or aftermarket windshield.

That will then tell you what your next step should be.

As for salesmen being pieces of crap..........probably, but didn't you deal with a service person about your problem? What does the salesman have to do with it?

After he gets his new car order and commission he moves on, just like all of us would do.

He didn't have the windshield changed....just resealed so the windshield itself would still be factory

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab quattro and AT Pro
Sears was caught a few years ago spraying oil on cv joints and telling people they needed replaced immediately. I think Western Auto got caught in the same scam.

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Which Honda Dealer was this?I'm looking at buying a new Honda this fall and I don't want to deal with this outfit.If you don't want to disclose this on the forum please PM me.

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten some issues resolved, very quickly, by asking the manager which website he wanted me to post my issue on. Companies now are very concerned about their online image. Negative reviews will be seen by a lot of potential customers and steer them away from companies very quickly. When was the last time you did business with a company that had more than one negative review?

If the manager is worth his salary, he will resolve your issue before it makes it to Yelp!, Facebook, Instagram, or any other blog.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pieces of :censored:.
My wife's 2014 Honda Pilot sprung a leak. Whenever it rains hard the leak comes down from the front head liner and down the left A pillar. Ok no problem. Had the wife schedule an appt and she dropped it off. We get a call the next day and the service manager says they ran the car through a car wash and couldn't replicate the problem. It's probably coming from the he windshield as the seal probably went bad. Ok no problem, is it covered? Nope, glass not covered so it will cost $75 plus tax to remove windshield and reseal. Ok no problem, fix it. This was Wednesday.
Wife picked up the car today as it was all fixed and came home. I met her outside and noticed the car. It was as dirty as when she first dropped it off? Dang it, usually a dealer gives it a good car wash before handing it back. Wait a minute, that's not right. The manager said they ran it through the car wash and couldn't replicate the leak? Hmhmnhhhgh?
Now I start scrutinizing the windshield. Not a smudge, fingerprint, gasket remnent, nothing. If you guys ever had a windshield replaced you know damn well what it looks like afterwards. Not even the tell tale suction cup rings left of the glass. It was probably just a clogged drain in the moon roof which they cleared in 2 min.
I called the sales manager I bought the car from. If I deal with the service dept I will most likely end up in jail. He said he will "look" into it. Told him there's nothing to look into and to reimburse my cc.
I won't go into detail about what will happen if this gets any worse. They took advantage of my wife and my money. No good.
People lie.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Service departments of dealships can be really bad. I took in my old G63 AMG to get an extra key for it. They pulled it into the shop to get lock numbers, filled out the paperwork and that was that. I paid the 1200 Euro for the key and they said they would call.

3 weeks go by and I call them, they said it is not ready. Two weeks and still nothing. So after three months I had my attorney send them a letter asking for a refund. Suddenly I get a call and they have my key. I go in and they hand me an actual key, I was like what the heck will I do with this I have no key holes at all on my SUV.

They stand there looking at me confused, they ask me to wait and about 30 minutes later come out and ask me if I wanted a new key for my SUV. I told them no not at all, my attorneys office sent your dealership a letter explaining I wanted a full refund.

I took the key from them and drove straight to the State DA in Mainz. We know each other very well and he tells me that this dealership is already up on several counts of fraud, one of which they defrauded the US Army for 22 million USD on a 5 year contract. That the owners have already fled the country.

Never got my money back, it is like a waiting list. However the three people I had dealings with that that dealership can not drive, walk or park without having local police mess with them. Waste my time and I waste your time, abuse your roll for profit and I abuse my roll for amusement. All three of them have actually attempted to go to the police Station and report harassment; does not work that way in Germany, screw a LEO from any country working with Germany and they mess with you forever.

Naturally when you hit the show room floor and are ready to drop 150K plus in cash on a new ride then you get everything you want, service department personnel are another story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread