strongarm18

Apr 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, I've been detecting for about six years with a Coinmaster GT.

I literally just got an AT Pro with hopes of doing better at the beach (I know it's not meant for this) but I got it for a best all around detector that will not break my bank. I will be spending TWO weeks in Maine this summer, so I'm hoping to do well up there.

I've read a few websites and watched all the tutorials from Garrett about the AT pro. Any other advice?
I noticed a guy on eBay sells a reference card for $5 to help with settings.
Anyone ever hunted near York Maine or Isle Le Mott in Vermont?

I live on the West coast of Florida in the Venice area and detect mostly the beach, parks & church parking lots that actually allow me to.

BTW, should I keep the Coinmaster or sell it?

I am looking forward enjoying this Forum!

BoundToSteel

Apr 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Garrett did horrible in the salt water at Florida. Just constant chatter. But works great in the sand. Seems to get deeper than dirt. For the settings I think it just depends on where you are and what you want to dig. I think some guys, myself included, take the sensitivity down a couple of notches. And you can discriminate the iron out if you're not going to dig it all. There are plenty of vids on YouTube.

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the community! I'm rather new myself. I think my next detector after the tax man comes will be the AT Pro. It really is an all around great machine from everything I've seen. Running an F-44 right now.

Anyway, you can find a lot of videos and threads on settings. I wouldn't spend money on that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread