One year left

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How's the digging in the Lima Area? Let me know if you ever want to come East about 2.5 hours and hunt in my neck of the woods. I am in Southern Lorain county Ohio or maybe we can meet in the middle somewhere and do some door knocking.

umbantmer

Apr 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One year left and what? Do i understand right what you wrote? ;/

Last edited:

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Brother Al, I am sure there is a story behind your title, but as it stands it has me assuming the worst. If so, I am so sorry, that must be tough to face. If otherwise, please shed some light on what you are facing.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Al, I cannot fathom what you must be going through. My twin, Tim (posts here as TimC) is also terminal. Told he has less than two years. Seems to trouble me more than him! Hold on to those kids and grandkids. Make your peace with Him and dig, dig, dig! When it's my turn, we can discuss which is the best detector. Warning. It may take most of eternity to come to a mutual agreement. Take care my friend. Terry

(update 4/14 11:04 am) Tim learned today that his cancer has spread throughout his limp nodes, chest, neck, and scull. Doctor told him that the new program he just started will only give him a 50/50 chance of prolonging the timeline, whatever that means. Time to make some plans in this family.... TTC

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about your twin brother. It touches me deeply as I have an identical twin brother as well. My prayers are with him, you and your family.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about your twin brother. It touches me deeply as I have an identical twin brother as well. My prayers are with him, you and your family.
Tnx for the prayers, much appreciated. Terry

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
To everything there is a reason. We may not agree or like it, but we all will have to deal with it sometime. Remember the good and forget the bad.
Me? I thank the big guy every morning for giving me one more day, and try and make it worth something. If not to me, at least to someone else.

And hopefully when it's time, we all go to a better place.

OP
OP
B

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks folks for all the kind words and PM s.
I have made my piece many moons ago and am going out swinging!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where to begin?
So much to say. So many friends here. I have hopefully 1year left and I am going going out digging!
The TN community has been awesome. I welcome PM's from My friends. Let's go dig!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Prayers and Positive Vibes!!! :occasion14:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
My heart goes out to you! Very nice though that the time that you have left will be spent doing to world's greatest hobby! My Grandpa, who was an all around wonderful person, had terminal colon cancer. I met him in the last few months of his life, travelling down to Argentina, where he has lived since he was a young boy who moved from Spain. He was so positive and cheerful I never knew he had anything wrong with him until he passed, he kept his disease a secret and only decided to have minimal treatment. I realized that the reason why he did that was so his family would remember his last year on earth as a great and happy one, and he was quite old and accepted his death. I still feel him around me, and the week after he died, I could strong feel his positive presence. I am deeply saddened to read this post, I am hoping very much for you to long outlive your estimate. I have heard of people who were told 6 months living 6 years. Reading your post makes me become more aware of my time on earth, I may only have months left for all I know, anyone could. It is always best to live your whole life like you only have a year to live, so when it is your time, you have no regrets and are willing to go. In the year or more that you have left on earth, they may even develop a cure, they are very close to some medical breakthroughs. My advice, which I am very unfit to give, is to remove all dread from you and focus only on happy things. Make the most possible out of your time here, and you won't have any regrets when it is your time.

OP
OP
B

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks? Thanks again and this WILL NOT be a mauldlen thread.... Did I spell that correctly? I just wanted to thank everyone And if you don't see me much more liking your posts?
It's because I'm busy LIVING!
HH to all!

SteveOrygun

Apr 15, 2017
Orygunistan
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Born 4/17..
Fisher CZ3d W/Nasa Tom tune!
Whites V3i.... WOW!!😎
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks? Thanks again and this WILL NOT be a mauldlen thread.... Did I spell that correctly? I just wanted to thank everyone And if you don't see me much more liking your posts?
It's because I'm busy LIVING!
HH to all!

Well ALRIGHTY THEN!! Takes balls, best whishes get'r'Done!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread